learn how to earn money villagers [Episode 2] ! - page 371

khorosh:

I didn't realise what a baika was.

I also forgot to tell you. TakeProfit for all orders is also traded as it is in Ilan's case, i.e. with every opening of a new order it changes its position - it is pulled in the direction of price movement.

Byka - that's very figurative, what I mean is

i rely on the accumulated amount of points, i do not trade at all

that's why trawling is interesting to me from the point of view of horizon enlargement

but I get it in general.

khorosh:

Fixed lot averaging. Entry based on analysis of the current price position relative to candles of different timeframes. Exit as before by virtual trawl or take profit. I cannot give more details. I think this tip will be enough for an inquisitive mind but I will have to dig deeper).

Have you checked what will be obtained without averaging? Does only averaging really give such a nice picture?

Renat Akhtyamov:

Baja is very figurative, but what I mean is...

I'm a point scorer, and I'm not a trawler at all.

so I'm interested in trawling in terms of broadening my horizons.

But in general it is clear.

1. Well, you don't do it with buy. You can trawl BUY_STOP or Stop Loss (Take Profit) of a buy order. That is why I did not understand it at once.

2. If you do not use a trawl, it means that you miss the chance to profit if the price reverses and prefer to close on a stop loss in such a case. ) I use large stops - usually they are larger than the maximum drawdown obtained during testing. Therefore, if a stop triggered, it is already Force Majeure. Trading stops and the reasons for the algorithm failure are analyzed. The algorithm is either modified, or some of the settings are changed.

khorosh:

1. Well, this is not a buy trawl. You can trawl BUY_STOP or stop loss (TakeProfit) of a buy order. That is why I did not understand it right away.

2. If you do not use a trawl, it means that you miss the chance to profit if the price reverses and prefer to close on a stop loss in such a case. ) I use large stops - usually they are larger than the maximum drawdown obtained during testing. Therefore, if a stop triggered, it is already Force Majeure. Trading stops and the reasons for the algorithm failure are analyzed. The algorithm is either modified, or some of the settings are changed.

Very useful information

senk`c

Alexander Sevastyanov:

What about without averaging, have you checked? Is averaging the only way to get such a nice picture?

I used to check it before, but now I do not, because I know that it will be worse. This picture is the result of the interaction of all factors:

1. high probability of correct entry point;

2. use of takeprofit, which is trailing;

3. use of virtual trawl;

4. averaging.

khorosh:

I used to, but now I don't, because I know it will be worse. The picture is the result of a combination of all factors:

1.high probability of correct entry point ;

2. use of takeprofit, which is trawled;

3. use of virtual trawl;

4. averaging.

So it would be useful to evaluate each of the 4 components separately. And the most important one - high probability of correct entry point. Disable trawls and averaging, rigid SL and TP. If the TC will at least earn something, it is already good. If it will fail, all other devices will only show profit in the tester.

khorosh:

2. The use of TakeProfit, which is expended;

It is thrown when price goes into a losing area, right? To close with a smaller loss or small profit?

Alexander Sevastyanov:

It is traded when the price goes into a losing area, right? To close with a smaller loss or small profit?

1.Right.

2. Takeprofit is always above breakeven level of the buy position (for a sell position, it is below), so it is unrealistic to close on takeprofit and get a loss.

Alexander Sevastyanov:

So it would be useful to assess each of the 4 components separately. And the most important one - high probability of correct entry point. Disable trawls and averaging, rigid SL and TP. If the TC will at least earn something, it is already good. If it will fail, all other devices will show profit only in the tester.

If we disable trawls and averaging, strict SL and TP, the TS will never be able to earn something. To make money you need to lock in profits. Earnings are what are fixed.

khorosh:

If you disable trawls and averaging, rigid SLs and TPs, the TS will never be able to earn anything. To make money you need to fix profits. Earnings are what are fixed.

I hope this statement applies only to your TS

Renat Akhtyamov:

I hope this statement applies only to your TS

Well, maybe I'm wrong. But agree, if we have opened an order and do nothing else, how can we assess whether the TS is earning or not? At some point we may be in the plus, at some point in the minus. Is it possible to evaluate the TS without fixing the profit?

Reason: