learn how to earn money villagers [Episode 2] ! - page 305

marker:
I made it easy for you)) I opened bot on 5-digit EURUSD H1 from September 30, 2012 till September 29, 2013, the date was taken out of the blue (alpha forex), then I forwarded from October 16 (because at the end of the option there were pending orders, I waited until the bot closed the series and put these settings to trade from October 16) to today, what happened - see in folders, 1-folder-option, 2-folder-forward. Of course, one wholesale and forward is not an indicator, but still, as a rule you have to do it 50 times - shifting the period of the option each time for a month ahead and overwriting parameters, ie completely simulate how you would do it in real life, and, look what happened))

And you try and run the test for at least a few months before the optimised section as well.

khorosh:

And you try and run the test for at least a few months before the optimised section as well.
I think we need to get rid of TSs that require frequent optimization. You only need to optimize the logic of the Expert Advisor once and for all. That is the key to success. If the trading logic based on any theory does not allow you to create an "omnivorous" EA, then the optimization of parameters will not help - sooner or later the market will break the backbone of such an EA.

yosuf:
I think we should get rid of TSs that require frequent optimisation. You only need to optimise the logic of the EA once and for all. That is the key to success. If the trading logic, based on any theory, does not allow you to create an "omnivorous" EA, then the optimization of parameters will not help - sooner or later, the market will break the backbone of such an EA.

Most EAs work successfully on a limited time frame. If we want to create an EA which works always successfully on any currency, we will run out of time. Optimization is useful, but it must be done correctly.

khorosh:

And you should try to test it before the optimized period for at least several months.
The first criterion I use when estimating newly created EAs with martin: recovery factor after optimization on a period of 2009 should be >=10. This EA does not meet this criterion.

It would work better when trading on many pairs at once, with closing all positions without exception when reaching a given profit and returning to the initial value of the lot before the next cycle starts. Indicators will not be needed in this case. But the deposit, that is not too small for a martin, will become absolutely indecent in this case.)

khorosh:
... If you strive to create an EA that works always and successfully on any currency, you may not even have the time of your life .

Don't exaggerate. )) Although, of course, it all depends on the age in which you started your search. )))

tol64:
Don't exaggerate. )) Although of course it all depends on what age the researcher started his search. )))

Have you found it yet? (Congratulations!

tol64:
Don't exaggerate. )) Though of course it all depends on what age the researcher started his search. )))

I think I managed to create such an Expert Advisor, it took me 3 years. Still, it's too early to judge, time will tell.

khorosh:

Have you found it yet? Congratulations!

No, I haven't. ))) But I haven't finished the whole list of planned studies yet either. The most important thing is to see the problems to be dealt with later. )) And the problem is obvious and quite easily detectable. If the algorithm works well on one symbol and fails on the other, the Expert Advisor is still very weak. Having analyzed the sections where the Expert Advisor is losing money on another symbol, we simply need to ask ourselves: "Why? And then the most interesting thing starts. I call this effect "Brain Explosion". ))

yosuf:
I think I managed to create such an advisor, it took 3 years. Still, it's too early to judge, time will tell.

I hope at least someone was lucky enough to pull it off so quickly. ))
Reason: