TA or something you don't know about. - page 8

moskitman:
this is some kind of provocation - 7 pages in an hour and a half, and the question (or rather the answer) can fit into a couple of lines

Friday starts on Thursday, yes. :)

A good topic, at least greatly helps sort out the present from the absent.

If TA is about contemplating the market for the sake of achieving a kind of nirvana, then I don't need such a thing.

I need to eat, which means I need something that makes money, which means I need something that predicts: Next bullish candle, I buy, or next bearish candle, I sell.

What else could it be? - Otherwise you won't make any money, this contemplative TA (if that's what the topic is about) will not cover your wife's delicate shoulders with a mink coat.

No no, so I don't use TA, but something else entirely - I predict (ugh, I don't like that word, but I don't know any other).

FAGOTT:

a clear graph is already TA? it shows!
Right, and the message on the radio that the eu has fallen is not TA)))

moskitman:
Right

Well, don't! That's like saying the number "5" written on a blank piece of paper is math! Well, don't!

"The greats have clashed" (c).
The topicstarter has made the mistake of allowing himself to be dragged into a terminology debate. I suggest we virtually change the title of the thread to "What I understand by TA" and focus on what the author has to say on the matter, without clinging to words.
The man trades, and trades successfully, so it is useful to learn from his experience.

FAGOTT:

What happened to the graphical methods? There are no indicators!
Yeah... indicators and graphical tools. Is that what the topic is about? Or will there be a grail at the end? :)))

moskitman:

By the words "Technical Analysis" they mean "attempts to forecast movements of financial instruments", while it should be understood as "Displaying of the current situation in the market".

did it fit?

Can you display the current situation on the yen and the pound?

Peter - if you do not mind creating a new topic, but splash out all the information ("the truth - uterus") at once, in the first post. The topic seems to be of interest to others, but we are discussing "what hurts who".

Roman.:

What about it?(from here) - "...the key to understanding the future lies in examining the past."

What's wrong with that? I don't see the contradiction. Point-blank.

MetaDriver:

1. Something like this. "Analytical contemplation." (с)

2. The word "even" is totally inappropriate. What an example of productivity. :)

I agree with the second one, and it is inappropriate. On the first one, "analytical contemplation" is needed when trading according to a "working TS" without thinking, goals, emotions. (Actually, manual trading is easier for programmers, the robot has these qualities)

granit77:
The man trades, and trades successfully
where can i see the results?