TA or something you don't know about. - page 10

Roman.:

IMHO, of course... The key is prediction based on TA analysis, but not empty meditation (read, masturbation) for its own sake... :-)))

Don't confuse meditation with masturbation, please. Masturbation is always with purpose and glitches, meditation without.

I am well aware of what and what kind of fears even the idea of aimlessness can cause. Huh. And don't get me started on all sorts of confusion. It won't work. :-)

granit77:
Honestly, I'm hoping to hear some serious stuff. If indeed Peter is having fun (which I doubt he is), I'd better go fix the porch, it's been asking for a long time :))

don't go far.... it seems (it's predicted) that there won't be a fight here.

MetaDriver:

Don't confuse meditation with masturbation, please. Masturbation always has a purpose and glitches, meditation without.

I'm well aware of the kind and kinds of fears even the idea of aimlessness can cause. Heh. And don't get me started on all sorts of confusion. It won't work. :-)

Meditation has the simplest and most trivial aim - spiritual development.

MetaDriver:

Don't confuse meditation with masturbation, please. Masturbation always has a purpose and glitches, meditation without.

I'm well aware of what and what kind of fears even the idea of aimlessness itself can cause. Huh. And don't get me started on all sorts of confusion. It won't work. :-)

By the way, meditation is concentrating on something (a general concept).

Masturbation is focusing on a very specific object.

Indeed, the two should not be confused. I would classify TA as meditation, but that's still not entirely correct, as even meditation has a purpose, while TA does not.

joo:

Any measuring tool/instrument has a purpose - to obtain the relevant characteristics of the object/process at the current moment in time and nothing more.(I understand this to be TA)

Any series of measurements by measuring tools/instruments has an objective - to get the existing tendency of development of an object/process for the purpose of forecasting of further development (I guess, it is not TA).

It is quite another matter that not every series of measurements will give an opportunity to get a prediction as well as not every/any instrument can do it in a meaningful way.

There is one profound subtlety, for which I will insist: true analysis is WITHOUT purpose.

Only by trying on aimlessness can one appreciate the wisdom of just such a formulation.

The eye of the needle should not be clogged with premature details and "subtleties". Even "deep" ones. ;)

Tantrik:

meditation has the simplest and most trivial aim - spiritual development.
so is trading. if the results are any indication. :)))

MetaDriver:
so does trading. if the results are to be judged. :)))

I've already said it before and I'll repeat it a bit: building TA (everyone has his own TA) the goal is to correctly assess the current situation, then comes forecasting - prediction = TP, but trading itself should be meditation.

moskitman:

Technical analysis" refers to "attempts to predict the movement of financial instruments", whereas it should refer to "Displaying the current situation in the market".

fit?

Apparently, TA should be understood as a complex of measures of both objective (based on indicators, charts and other instruments) and subjective (based on experience, intuition, insight, premonition, etc., of each person, which are difficult to describe verbally and therefore cannot be conveyed) nature, which allows evaluating the current market situation in order to take adequate actions. Perhaps the word "technical" should be replaced by "operational" to emphasise the need to revise the conclusions of this process as time passes.

The old story:

end or means?

the chicken or the egg?

There may have been one: a medical student, an excellent student - went into business.

Society probably lost a talented bribe-taker.

When his father whipped Nicolo in the soft places, did the kid have any other incentive than avoiding exoneration?

MetaDriver:

There is one profound subtlety for which I will insist: true analysis is WITHOUT purpose.

Only by trying on aimlessness can one appreciate the wisdom of just such a formulation.

The needle's eye should not be clogged with premature details and "subtleties". Even the "deep ones". ;)

The analysis should result in a decision: BuySell=?(+1, -1, 0). Otherwise what is the point of doing the analysis?
Reason: