EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 1) - page 694

and there's silence, so I'll see you Monday...

What's it like without the locs...

Helex >> :

So when you open a buy for 2 lots at the peak, what's a poor oligarch's son to do. It's an extreme... that's it.

OK, good night everyone, we'll fight on Mon. (Traders quarrel only through quarrels)

I have timbo, he brags that he earns 20%-30% a month with this system. I can't find his message. I think he deleted it. Well he is some Professor of psychology and financial mathematics (humor me), he phrased it this way (from memory): "Exploiting fundamental property of price - recoverability, I manage to do 20-30% of raised funds, note not from deposit, but from raised funds. And you're a grid-grider. Learn from Timba how to bend brains :)

However, it seems to me that all these gridders in the end is a trivial martingale - increasing bets against the price movement in the main dependence on the number of points passed. Both for you and Timba. The only reason why you are more advanced is because the timba account denies any forecasting, while you seem to use forecasting.

Yes, I must have missed something in my self-education, I haven't studied martingales. I may not need it, but I want to use it for general development.

The absence of lots in MT5 is not a problem. The only thing is that the requirements for collateral (deposit size) will increase. But that's a common problem with martingales, it always has been.

gip писал(а) >>

There is a guy called timbo, who boasted that he was making 20%-30% a month on such a system. I can't find his message, apparently he deleted it. Well, he was some Professor of psychology and financial mathematics (heh-heh), he formulated it approximately this way (from memory): "Exploiting fundamental property of price - recoverability, I manage to do 20-30% of raised funds, note not from deposit, but from raised funds". And you're a grid-grider. Learn from Timba how to compose your own brains :)

However, it seems to me that all these gridders in the end is a trivial martingale - increasing bets against the price movement in the main dependence on the number of points passed. Both for you and Timba. The only reason why you are more advanced is because the timba account denies any forecasting, while you seem to use forecasting.

Yes, I must have missed something in my self-education, I haven't studied martingales. I don't really need it, but I want to learn it all the same.

I have no need to study masters, but I want to study them all. The only thing that will increase is requirements for collateral (deposit size). But this is a common problem with martingale, it always has been.

I use everything I know and know it works, not dream about it. Opening a stop with 2 lots was caused by a lack of open buy orders when the maximum was not reached, but it never was... Maybe it still will, and the market has changed. And the system is that money management is as important as anything else. But these situations are out of the ordinary - to open in spades. The main thing is to see where the price is directed when this has already happened. The price may capture all the sells and not to open a large sell at the minimum. I.e. the equtiity turned out quite even and the balance increased, despite the fact that initially the direction was wrong for a heavy position.

gip писал(а) >>

The lack of locos in MT5 is not really a problem.

What a problem,

You can describe a simple situation, I think I've already described it:

We assume that the price moves in a narrow corridor for quite a long time,

we find the centre of this corridor and min and max

in the centre place Sell and Buy orders without stops, but with a TP slightly lower than the Min and Max.

If the order is opened and triggered by TP, put a new one.

we don't know where the price will go at this moment.

How can we do without losing lots? In the best case I will lose half of my profit.

I built my system based on these ideas. Any ideas for the implementation of this scenario in MT5?

OlegTs писал(а) >>

What's the problem,

You can describe a simple situation, I think I've already described it:

We assume that the price moves in a narrow corridor for a long time,

find the centre of this corridor and min and max

in the centre place Sell and Buy orders without stops, but with a TP slightly lower than the Min and Max.

If the order is opened and triggered by TP, put a new one.

we don't know where the price will go at this moment.

How can we do without losing lots? In the best case I will lose half of my profit.

I built my system based on these ideas. Any ideas on how to implement this scenario in MT5?

What can I say MT5 I haven`t considered it because I`m not in the market, I`m not interested in new velocipede because of programming, forex has a lot of unanswered questions ))))

Helex >> :

All I can say is that I haven't considered MT5 yet, as I'm not in the market because of programming, so I'm not interested in bicycles in new plastic wrap, also there are a lot of unanswered questions in Forex )))).

there everything is simple, only one order in which you can increase or decrease the lot size as you go.

Opening other orders leads to the same result, i.e. if you have a buy open for 1 lot and you open a sell for 1 lot, you will have zero orders.

That's it!!!

Although martingale is probably the way out, even in a narrow channel, looks like gip is right, thought a little - there is a solution...

OlegTs писал(а) >>

it's simple, there's only one order in which you can increase and decrease the lot size as the play progresses.

Opening other orders leads to the same result, i.e. if you have a buy open for 1 lot, and you open a sell for 1 lot, you will have zero orders.

That's it!!!

Although martingale is probably the way out, even in a narrow channel, gip seems to be right, thought a little - there is a solution...

For example, the problem (without creating files) cannot be solved sensibly, when an order is opened by one strategy (magic1), after some conditions the rights are passed to another strategy (magic2) because I can't change anything in the open order except market operations, stone and slow are dead, if I don't cut it off of course everything is easy, but if I cut it off everything is dead without files ... The data has been lost and I wouldn't have to bother with files if the order icon would change, I use stoplosses for that, but that's another story )))

Helex >> :

For example, the problem (without creating files) is not solved sensibly: when an order is opened by one strategy (magic1) and after some conditions the rights are given to another strategy (magic2) because I can't change anything in the open order except market operations, the limit and the slow icon are dead, if the EA is not cut off of course everything is easy, but if I cut it off everything is dead without a file ... the data has been lost and I wouldn't have to bother with files if the order icon would change, I use stoplosses for that, but that's another story )))

>> yes, plus the stops and takei are moved by newly opened orders, idiocy in short.

I understand they decided to cut off all the losing strategies to make them more money, they don't make enough, you see,

>> someone else here was lamenting about the new metaquotes - he's got a profitable lot too.

as you can see, they do not make enough profit.

Reason: