More strategies? No problem! - page 7

Reshetov писал(а) >>

... believe that there are supposedly unambiguous answers to questions in the context of market non-stationarity ...

By the way, yes! What can be countered by non-stationarity at all?

Who owns it, share the methods, pls.

voltair >> :

By the way, yes! What can be countered by non-stationarity in general?

Who owns it, share the methods, pls.

1. Nothing

2. No one owns the methods except those with insider information. There is only a myth that supposedly experienced traders hide some super-secret techniques from inexperienced ones. In fact, the experienced ones do not talk about such issues only because they do not own anything and know that no one else does not and cannot.

It is only possible to narrow the field of search of optimal variants to a certain circle, taking out of its limits the results which have shown the least perspectivity on history. And then to act either by choice or by lot. And there is no guarantee that the options outlined as a prospect will actually turn out to be such. The market is set up as a big cheat machine, i.e. market makers are waiting for the moment when traders, having won a small game and believing in the infallibility of their analysis methods, start to make large bets. After that, the market "suddenly" turns against the wool of traders' positions and starts to make lots. So it's better not to look for something universal - it's a bluff.

It's hard to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if it's not there (cf. Confucius)

Reshetov >> :

The question is rather rhetorical. It is clear that it is the period in which the strategy will be used that needs to be optimised, i.e. in the future.

The problem of the Buridan donkey, which is known to have starved to death between two mops of different, but appetising and fragrant hay, not being able to solve the problem of which mop to bury the worm from. Quite often we meet buridan traders who believe that there are supposedly unambiguous answers to questions in the context of market volatility, and therefore, in their opinion, one should first get a specific categorical answer, and then proceed to business.

so I see what you mean..... it's better to guess...... in case it works out......

Not a gimmick again. When there are many instruments and different TFs you trade, the result, for the most part, does not go into deficit. - But they all have different parameters. But the idea that an Expert Advisor with the same parameters should be profitable on different timeframes and instruments (as it has been repeatedly stated here) is a bluff and nonsense. This will not happen.

rider писал(а) >>

... The fact that an Expert Advisor with the same parameters should be profitable on different TFs and instruments (as has been repeatedly stated here) is a bluff and schizo. It will not be so.

If one strives to make the strategy work on all instruments and TFs, it is surely, ahem, inadequate. :) But if on the same TF but on another (at least one) instrument or on another TF and the same instrument, even on a limited portion of history, then it may be a certain criterion in conditions of general uncertainty, imho. But maybe I'm wrong. We are outlining the possible principles of strategy selection here...

How do you personally select strategies? Suggest your options, criteria.

voltair >> :
How do you personally select strategies? Suggest your options, criteria.

top post

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/20661/page6

rider. I don't agree with you, or rather I would agree with you if you could prove by action that this is not true and that it is wrong. That's why I don't think words like "bluffing" and "shizzle" are justified. We are simply looking for a possible method of selecting strategies.

danja >> :
rider. I don't agree with you, or rather I would agree with you if you prove by action that this is not the case and that it is wrong. That's why I think the words like "bluff" and "shizzle" are irrelevant. We are just looking for a possible method of selecting strategies.

I might agree with you :)...... will you prove that the principle: "all TFs and all instruments" works? .......

Actually it's all a matter of psychology, no more, but also no less...... I prefer to think that the combination "Expert-TimeFrame-Instrument", is every time a new expert...... even more preferable when on OOS (forwards only) these parameters show comparable results...... and everything beyond can only be "confirmation of choice", but by no means its main condition

PS There was a mistake in previously posted code. Now fix it.

PS2 In 5-600 minutes :))) a couple of states will be posted

rider. And I haven't seen anyone write that the strategy should show profit on all instruments. I wrote about this idea, but I wanted to do it on several pairs of instruments, of course, if you were referring to my post.

So I missed it somewhere, and I took it out on myself :)

The algorithm would be such that SSB would look for such a strategy.
Reason: