[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1134

evgenii_7:
I mean, it's not worth paying attention to.
Why? On the contrary, you should pay attention if you understand the meaning of what is happening. For example, an Expert Advisor with a martin in which there are oversubscribed positions will show the true picture when the tester is closed - a sharp drop in balance. Consequently, this was the same picture during the operation, but we did not see the equity line and were deceived by the beautiful balance line.

drknn:

To analyse the current price trend and decide what to do next. You will not argue that trends do not exist. Right? It means that the price has an inertia. How can we track the inertia, if we do not have anything in our hands, except the array of tick data Bid and Ask?

Generally speaking, this is not the only reason why these price arrays may be needed. The field of application is quite broad.

Thanks for the answer! But aren't Bid and Ask the most reliable indicators? In general I don't understand - where do the bars, candlesticks come from? I've studied the tutorial on this site and the documentation, but that's not what they're about.

Dimka-novitsek:

Still tell me, I haven't been able to figure it out for five days.

int start()
{int y;
y= WindowFirstVisibleBar();Alert ("y",y);
for (;y>=0;y--)
{ double up=iFractals(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,MODE_UPPER,y);
double down=iFractals(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,MODE_LOWER,y);
if (up>=1||down>=1){
Alert("Previous upper fractal is:", up, " Previous lower fractal is:", down);Alert ("y",y);}}

WindowFirstVisibleBar() counts the number of bars on the visible chart, the whole thing should work like this - Alert writes the numbers of bars with fractals.

But this simple thing doesn't work! It gives out all the bars. So the simple if (up>=1|down>=1){

doesn't work, or I'm completely stupid, I'm stubbornly looking at this place till my stomach itches, I don't get it!

I'd really like to understand the principle, what's wrong? Everything seems to be very simple and correct. I want to know!

Help!

Friends, I'm a newbie.... Is it normal that he has the variables "up" and "down" declared in the body of the loop?!

Dear forum members. In the symbol properties, stop level eurodollar =2, but marketinfo writes, stopvel eurodollar=0. Why?

DhP:

Maximum drawdown - the drawdown in the currency of the deposit relative to the maximum (highest) point on the chart before the drawdown.

Relative drawdown is the drawdown in the currency of the deposit relative to the starting deposit.

"Absolute Drawdown - drawdown from the initial balance, showing how much the balance has decreased relative to the initial value;
Maximal Drawdown is a drawdown showing the maximal drawdown fixed in money terms (the difference between the last maximum and the current minimum); it can exceed the Absolute Drawdown by showing the amount of possible loss even if the trading is positive;
Relative Drawdown - Relative Drawdown, shows the maximum drawdown percentage relative to the initial deposit;""

http://www.onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=82146

Need a hint, how to check on the current Pair on the current chart (M1,M5 or M15) the value of the previous bar in D1, was it going up or down?

labirint:

Friends, I'm a newbie.... Is it ok to have the up and down variables declared in the body of the loop?!

I'm guessing it's not essential here.

I wrote a fractaladvisor on the 4 hour chart.

When a new fractal appears, it sends me an email. The only problem is that checking for a new fractal comes in a loop,

I continuously send e-mails. Question: Can you advise me an algorithm/advisor/code (approx. of course)))))), where after appearing of new fractal, the system sends email only once, at the moment of appearing of that very/new fractal.

Thank you.

rabanik:
Вопрос: посоветуйте алгоритм/советник/код (примерный конечно))))), где после появления нового фрактала система отправляла письмо только один раз в момент появления того самого/нового фрактала.

Put a flag inside the loop after a new fractal appears, outside the loop check the flag, send a mail and reset the flag.

Trading question, HELP !!!!!!!!

I am implementing the concept of small trades, on market movements between support and resistance levels. The robot opens Btsu, the market rolls back a bit and wants to open Sell, but it does not open, refers to the error 134 (not enough funds), although my demo account 100.000, lot 0.1. I open a reverse trade manually without any problems. How to be in this situation, my head is broken, thanks

Reason: