Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many! - page 10

Andrey Dik:

A single cumulative trade without stops with a depo of 1000 is equal to a trade with a stop of 1000 at a depo of 10000. Although in both cases you can try to avoid losing trades. However, in the first case this implies possible huge drawdowns and sour face in front of the investor (even if the investor has a mustache). In the second case, the maximum equity drawdown is 10% and the nerves are fine. For example, a full-scale loss in the first case occurs once in 5 years, while in the case of the same trading but with a stop-loss, the loss will never occur. Thus, by dividing the deposit into parts, we reduce the chance of losing the deposit, even with the same nature and style of trading.

Trading without stops - is pure complacency and the belief in chance. With stops also faith in luck, but in multiples of the number of attempts to a lesser extent. The presence of stops is a sign of a well-thought-out system, although they should not work outside of major circumstances.

Trading without stops is not absurd, but not the best use of your money, that's all. Just think about how many times this year alone there have been multiple spikes of several thousand 5-digit pips in major pairs? So far, we have been lucky, but what if the next spike is the last one for the depo? How big should the deposit be, that it could survive such spikes with a 0,01 lot? - Isn't it better to bank with such risks and profitability?

To each his own, clearly, everyone is free to decide what to do. I do not insist on anything.

And you must have misunderstood me or misinterpreted it to make it clearer.

If you want to drain the deposit using my trading method, you need to either enter with large lots or make a large number of parallel open trades, and they all have to go into minus... I am not just poor money management, it is the inability to trade or something else, or something must happen in the world that no matter how big or small the deposit is, it will all run away.

Andrey Dik:

A single cumulative trade without stops with a depo of 1000 is equal to a trade with a stop of 1000 at a depo of 10000. Although in both cases you can try to avoid losing trades. However, in the first case this implies possible huge drawdowns and sour face in front of the investor (even if the investor has a mustache). In the second case, the maximum equity drawdown is 10% and the nerves are fine. For example, a full-scale loss in the first case occurs once in 5 years, while in the case of the same trading but with a stop-loss, the loss will never occur. Thus, by dividing the deposit into parts, we reduce the chance of losing the deposit, even with the same nature and style of trading.

Trading without stops - is pure complacency and the belief in chance. With stops also faith in luck, but in multiples of the number of attempts to a lesser extent. The presence of stops is a sign of a well-thought-out system, although they should not work outside of major circumstances.

Trading without stops is not absurd, but not the best use of your money, that's all. Just think about how many times this year alone there have been multiple spikes of several thousand 5-digit pips in major pairs? So far, we have been lucky, but what if the next spike is the last one for the depo? How big should the deposit be, that it could survive such spikes with a 0,01 lot? - Isn't it better to bank with such risks and profitability?

To each his own, clearly, everyone is free to decide what to do. I do not insist on anything.

I do not know, as at you in a residence, but at us in the country banks give about 10 % per annum, and there is no sense with such percent in bank to put less than 100 000 dollars, and than to put money in this miserable future, it is better to invest them in business and other activities where return guarantee of 100 %

The happy ones don't put out stops (they don't watch the moose), especially on the demo. Well, there's also dementia and courage... and martingale :) If you trade without leverage - why stop?

But if you've been averaging and averaging but haven't averaged?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
The happy ones don't make stops (they don't observe losses), especially on the demo
I have only one demo account that was opened three years ago and it is not for trading, but for strategy improvement and software testing.

Oxana Tambur:
I do not know how you live here, but in our country banks give around 10% per annum, and there is no sense with such an interest rate in the bank to put less than 100,000 dollars, and rather than invest money in this miserable future, it is better to invest in business and other activities, which guarantees a 100% return

Well, look, I've explained it all. Not only do you not have a 100% guarantee of return, you have no guarantee of return at all, i.e. 0% guarantee, because any force majeure will wipe out your depo in minutes, and there is no second chance - you have run out of money!

Do the same, refill, sit it out, but divide your deposit into 5-10 parts and risk only the 1st part. So fear the same as before losing positions, but now you can survive 2, 3, 4 force majeure events in a row, but the probability of such consecutive events is negligible, and there will be a guarantee of safety of funds which currently does not exist. The market is 95% full, and you think that the remaining 5% are martingellists and fractionators? You know the answer. Today and tomorrow there is caviar for bread, but the day after tomorrow there may not even be bread, so in your case the money is better to go to the bank, enough for bread is guaranteed.

Andrey Dik:

Well, look, I've explained it all. Not only do you not have a 100% guarantee of return, you have no guarantee of return at all, i.e. 0% guarantee, because any force majeure will wipe out your depo in minutes, and there is no second chance - you have run out of money!

Do the same, refill, sit it out, but divide your deposit into 5-10 parts and risk only the 1st part. So fear the same as before losing positions, but now you can survive 2, 3, 4 force majeure events in a row, but the probability of such consecutive events is negligible, and there will be a guarantee of safety of funds which currently does not exist. The market is 95% full, and you think that in the remaining 5% there are martingellists and fractionators? You know the answer. Today and tomorrow there is caviar for bread, but the day after tomorrow there may not even be bread, taking into account that in your case the money is better to take to the bank, enough for bread is guaranteed.

My guarantee, it is a steady increase in the deposit, while the drawdown decreases, because the deposit grows and the risks do not, but again, let me trade for the fifth year and there are no guarantees that in 10 years my tactics will not fail, but when the market for you the means of profit, When you trade for the sake of money the approach is one, when you trade for the pleasure, the approach is totally different, that's the whole secret.

Andrey Dik:

Well, look, I've explained everything. Not only do you not have a 100% guarantee of return, you have no guarantee of return at all, i.e. 0% guarantee, because any force majeure will wipe out your depo in minutes, and there is no second chance - you have run out of money!

Do the same, refill, sit it out, but divide your deposit into 5-10 parts and risk only the 1st part. So fear the same as before losing positions, but now you can survive 2, 3, 4 force majeure events in a row, but the probability of such consecutive events is negligible, and there will be a guarantee of safety of funds which currently does not exist. The market is 95% leaked, and you think that the remaining 5% are martingellists and fractionators? You know the answer. Today and tomorrow there is caviar for bread, but the day after tomorrow there may not even be bread, taking into account that in your case the money is better to take to the bank, enough for bread is guaranteed.

I should note that the above-mentioned message was not about trading at markets and investing in business, you cannot build a business on trade, a business can be built on other types of work with markets.

Andrey Dik:

Do the same, refill, sit it out, but divide your deposit into 5-10 parts and risk only the 1st part. So fear the same as before losing positions, but now you can survive 2, 3, 4 force majeure events in a row, but the probability of such consecutive events is negligible, and there will be a guarantee of safety of funds which currently does not exist. The market is 95% leaked, and you think that the remaining 5% are martingellists and fractionators? You know the answer. Today and tomorrow there is caviar for bread, but the day after tomorrow there may not even be bread, taking into account that in your case the money is better to take to the bank, enough for bread is guaranteed.

And yes, about those remaining lucky 5%, I know at least a few people who do not use stops at all. I'm not talking about scaling in or something else, a person makes one or two trades a month, with a good lot, does some analysis and enters the market and forgets about stops and profits. And the regularity here is not one or two deals a month, there may be one trace in half a year, but it is accurate. I read, read, and keep trying to understand why people are tied to restrictions + to this telling me that my tactics - is nothing, I'll say for myself, look more clearly, who sets limits or prohibitions for themselves, they often lose. That's my tactic, so that I can do it all, and others around me were saying how it's wrong and threatens to crash, crash those who do not understand. That's it. As one person wrote one simple phrase here and disappeared-everyone earns as they do, and that's everyone's secret (whether it's trading the financial markets, or running some business, or getting a prestigious position in a mega company...). Those who condemn the actions of others, it all shows that the person just does not understand how others do it, and you seem to understand everything, understand everything and you can not do it, no more or less.

Oxana Tambur:
My guarantee, this is a steady increase in the deposit, while the drawdown decreases, because the deposit grows, but the risks do not, I repeat, even if I have been trading for the fifth year and there is no guarantee that after 10 years my tactic will not fail, but when the market for you as a means of making money, When you trade for money the approach is one, when you trade for the pleasure, the approach is totally different, that's the whole secret.
Oxana Tambur:
I give a 100% guarantee of profit in the above message not to trade on the markets, but to invest in a business. You cannot build a business on trading, you can build a business on the markets in any other way.

Oxana Tambur:

And yes, about those remaining lucky 5%, I know at least a few people who don't use stops at all. It is not a question of scaling in or something else, a person makes one or two trades a month, with a good lot, does some analysis and enters the market correctly and forgets about the stop and the profit. And the regularity here is not one or two deals a month, there may be one trace in half a year, but it is accurate. I read, read, and keep trying to understand why people are tied to restrictions + to this telling me that my tactics - is nothing, I'll say for myself, look more clearly, who sets limits or prohibitions for themselves, they often lose. That's my tactic, so that I can do everything, and others around me were saying how it's wrong and threatens to crash, crash those who do not understand. That's it. As one person wrote one simple phrase here and disappeared-everyone earns as they do, and that's everyone's secret (whether it's trading the financial markets, or running some business, or getting a prestigious position in a mega company...). Those who condemn the actions of others, it all just shows that the person just does not understand how others do it, and you seem to understand everything, understand everything and you can not do it, no more or less.

You're making me blush by quoting the same post of mine several times, I'm flattered, but you'd better not do it again...

It's all crystal clear now, you have all the makings of a loser. Nothing wrong with that for you, but nothing good for your family budget either.

I was wrong in assuming the seriousness of your intentions regarding the market - for you the market is just a game, not a means to profit as an objective. I recommend to write about it wherever you do market activity, so as not to mislead people like me.

I take my leave now, have a nice day!

Andrey Dik:

You've been driving me mercilessly into the red by quoting the same post of mine several times, I'm flattered, but you'd better not do that again...

It's crystal clear now, you have all the makings of a gambler. Nothing wrong with that for you, but nothing good for your family budget either.

I was wrong in assuming the seriousness of your intentions regarding the market - for you the market is just a game, not a means to profit as an objective. I recommend to write about it wherever you do market activity, so as not to mislead people like me.

All the best to you!

You are dead wrong, if it were a game to me, I definitely wouldn't be sitting here.
I have written that there are plenty of other opportunities to earn in the financial markets, an example of the elementary:

-selling your analytics

-sell your signals

-As for the brokers, I do not have to work with them, I have to trade, but I do not earn money in trading and that's just the beginning.

I have not misled anyone and am not going to, I told you right away what my trading accounts are for, not for profit withdrawal, but for the above mentioned (signals, selling analytics, etc.).

It's just more likely that you understood me the way you understood me and not the way you would like me to.

Reason: