Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many!

I am a trader since 2012 and since I entered the market I have been trading without stop-losses till now. Most beginners and market amateurs write that it is all nonsense and only some professionals say that such strategy "has a place to be and live".
I would like to hear the opinion of other people who know about the markets, trading, analytics, etc.
I ask newbies and those who think they know everything not to write nonsense and rubbish.

Oxana Tambur:
I am a trader since 2012 and since I have been trading without stop-losses to this day. Most beginners and amateurs of markets say it is all nonsense and only some professionals say that this strategy has a place to live.
I would like to hear the opinion of other people who know about the markets, trading, analytics, etc.
I would like to ask newbies and those who think they know everything not to write nonsense, rubbish and rubbish.

So you can't write anything, for those who think they are suckers?

Tell me, if you do not use a stop-loss, how do you exit a deal? Do you use a margin call or wait too long?

I also liked the anecdote in your profile.

A new teacher, coming to class, found one boy being teased and called a fool. At recess, he asked the boys why they were calling him that.
- He really is a fool, teacher. If you give him a big
a big five-rouble coin and a small ten-rouble coin, he'll pick the five because he thinks it's bigger. Here, look...
The boy takes out two coins and offers the boy a choice. He, as usual, chooses five. The teacher asks in amazement:
- Why did you choose a five-rouble coin and not ten?
- Look, it's bigger, Mr. Teacher!
After class, the teacher approached the boy.
- Don't you realise that five roubles is bigger only in size,
but with ten rubles you can buy more?
- Of course I do, Mr. Teacher.
- So why do you choose five?
- Because if I choose ten, they will stop giving me money!

I very rarely usestop losses, and mostly scalping, and in scalping I don't see the point of having stop losses at all

Well, it probably depends on the leverage. You enter a stock without leverage, at half the capital and it's fine, an investment in a paper, you don't need a stop here, especially if the stock is really cheap. The worst that can happen is a loss of up to 15 percent and the ruin of the company. And on currencies, say GBF/JPY, with a leverage of 10 or even 15 the gap gap gap may easily take out half of the deposit. Naturlich? -))

Author, trading without a stop loss is possible when you follow the trade yourself all the time. But if you go away from the channel for a day or even a week, it is better to put a stoploss on open trades.

For example, if you go fishing, hunting, picking berries in the forests of Yakutia, it is better to put a stop-loss.

Forex _I gave up stopping more than a year ago. I have been sitting for a long time, the drawdown is floating in the range of --55-40% (for the last half year).

And so (in the long term) I'm working my way up to six figures. Namely, if you calculate (applying the power of compound %) get:

Start 5000 dollars. 60% YoY compounded.

after 3g 29t / 5l 93t / 10l 1,745t...and let it be 50% drawdown at that time / net profit872t.

let's say you hit a slump and you don't have a SL. the depo lets you sit it out for who knows how long... so what?? the money should work if the strategy is profitable, not sit it out

Yuri Evseenkov:

So you can't write anything, for those who think they are suckers?

Tell me, if you do not use a stop-loss, how do you exit a deal? Do you use a margin call or wait too long?

I also liked the anecdote in your profile

A new teacher comes to class and discovers that one boy is being teased and called a fool. At recess, he asked the boys why they were calling him that.
- He really is a fool, teacher. If you give him a big
a big five-rouble coin and a small ten-rouble coin, he'll pick the five because he thinks it's bigger. Here, look...
The boy takes out two coins and offers the boy a choice. He, as usual, chooses five. The teacher asks in amazement:
- Why did you choose a five-rouble coin and not ten?
- Look, it's bigger, Mr. Teacher!
After class, the teacher approached the boy.
- Don't you realise that five roubles is bigger only in size,
but with ten rubles you can buy more?
- Of course I do, Mr. Teacher.
- So why do you choose five?
- Because if I choose ten, they will stop giving me money!

You either go straight to the profit, or you wait too long.

This is not an anecdote, but a reality.

Alexandr Saprykin:
I rarely use stop-losses, and I mostly scalp, but in scalping I don't see the point of stop-losses at all.
Yes, I agree, there is no sense in scalping, but if those 5-10 pips went to the wrong place and ran away, what do you do?

Alexander Ivanov:
For example, if you go fishing, hunting, picking berries in the forests of Yakutia, you'd better put a stop-loss.
I rarely watch the terminal, I grew up in the group of traders who always sit in front of their monitors and watch)))
Reason: