Protecting the source code before compilation - page 13

Screenshot for clarity

Pavel Izosimov:

Can you easily recreate its logic without peeking into the primary source?

It depends what you call a problem. Ordinary decompile at a glance is incomprehensible too. It is necessary to sit to rework.

Pavel Izosimov:

Alexander, I have attached the usual primitive encrypted indicator, which is a part of the standard MT4 terminal build

The file uses the elementary work ban, but all the logic is there

The code is easy to read?

Do you recognize the indicator?

Can you easily recreate its logic without peeking into the original source?

P.S. The more complex and functional the primary source code, the more effective its encryption is. And this is far from the final version of the encryption.

In principle, the logic can be parsed, no time to go further, a little later I can continue

in the code I commented out the logic a bit.

ZS: you should take into account that I just broke the code for now.

Files:

Dear users, the protector version has been updated to 8.6b

Additionally,the code owner's information protection complex with information block (displayed on the graph in the bottom right corner) has been strengthened

Attached is an example of the source code after dynamic encryption as well as after compilation. Pay attention to the size of the encrypted file after compilation, as this is what will be analyzed and broken. The original compiled file without encryption is 19 times smaller in size.

Hello Pavel!

I see you're getting pinched by the locals in a big way.

Gentlemen, decompiling is becoming a common phenomenon.

There was a case recently on MQL5. A user has posted in freelance the decompiled indicator (where he got it, history does not mention) and asked to attach trading operations to it. The freelancers have not thought it through, and began to place requests. And lo and behold, you all get banned for 10 years :) https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/65273

Opinion of a highly respected programmer on this resource, and I quote,"Hacking ex4 is always possible. The only question is the cost of hacking"-naturally, I don't cite the source code because of ethical considerations.

Therefore, additional protection of valuable algorithm's source code (not the trash that 90% of current Marketplace consists of) is just necessary. In my opinion, to deny usefulness of what Pavel and his team are doing, is just obtuseness and stupidity (stupidity) as a result of their own inferiority.

To criticize (bespeak) any work is very easy. It's much harder to offer valuable ideas.

If you believe that the blog is useless for the mql-community, don't waste your nerves, move on.

Thanks to Pavel and his team for the work!

I wish success in all endeavours!!!

Pavel Izosimov:

Hi Alain!

Thank you for your message!

I already did it.

All the necessary information, a few examples of files with direct links to the original sources, were provided by the MQL administrator(Renat Fatkhullin) at the very beginning of this topic.

We do not plan to publicly call the hacker online resource because it contains a lot of new cracked products.

We respect our colleagues and will not contribute to the illegal dissemination of their products!

We also respect the developers of the terminal MetaTrader, believe that they are doing a lot to protect the code and provide for their needs all the necessary information.

Thank you for your reply, I already read the topic.

If what you claim is true, it's a very serious issue. It will be good if Metaquotes/Renat could confirm this issue.

No offense, but in such case, I don't think your solution is valuable.

Pavel Izosimov:

Alain, you will be comfortable to read this information in English here

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/652126

Thank you very much, I will read it.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

In principle, the logic can be analysed, there is no time to go further, I can continue later

I have commented a little bit of logic in the code.

ZS: you have to take into account that you just broke the code for now.

Found one big clue... I won't tell you about it. I can write to you in person if you're interested.

I did some more digging, but I couldn't do without google (I searched by this request "(open[m]+high[m]+low[m]+close[m])/4"), but it is understandable, I haven't understood the logic of this indicator before, and I do not have it in standard

I do not have it in my standard heiken ashi, i could be wrong.

But the logic is clear.

Files:

Alain Verleyen:

Thank you for your reply, I already read the topic.

If what you claim is true, it's a very serious issue. It will be good if Metaquotes/Renat could confirm this issue.

No offense, but in such case, I don't think your solution is valuable.

Hi Alain!

I'm glad to meet you!

For many months, several thousand users (resource hacker) see hacking experts and indicators every day and download cracked products!

You can not see our solutions (currently only the development stage)

Reason: