a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 115

2 Vladislav
Thanks for the update :-)
Have you looked at the interbank contest? What are your impressions? Tomorrow there's a new one. Aren't you going to take part?

2 solandr
Good luck with your creative work! It's just that at one time some outsiders have already tried to write something of their own, but so far no one has heard of any particular successes.

Thanks for the kind words!
I want to inform you: I use my own tester which is made as I described. I used it to solve optimization tasks as well. So there is no problem here. If you look around the forum, you will see that this is the way a lot of people go. However, MT4 tester has already been working for a long time. It's great that people have a choice.

I wanted to make a multicast script (and I can, in principle)

I used StepByStep and recalculated channels after 12 hours + at breakdown of any channel (but I think not so (but I don't know how), if at every bar we recalculate channels often disappear and then reappear). It's really more useful to look at it than to run a tester, you can immediately see where the loss comes from.

I've made something similar to this at the beginning (end of May) - a cartoon that simply re-runs the channels on each bar on the history and marks the points of the confidence intervals' borders.

I did something similar at the very beginning (end of May) - a cartoon, in which channels are simply redrawn on each bar on the history, and the points of channel confidence intervals are marked on each bar, forming something similar to Bollinger lines. Basically it was interesting to see what happens to the channels before they collapse, but nothing more than that. This cartoon simply confirms the simple fact described by Vladislav in the beginning - the channel expands and the Hurst coefficient decreases to 0.5 and below, and then the channel breaks down. After some time another channel appears. It can appear either in the opposite direction or in the same direction. In general, it did not help me much in principle. But probably everyone should go through this stage on their own for better understanding of possible situations with development of channels. I looked at the strategy algorithm using the tester trying different entry/exit variants. Cycle: Tester->View results on the tester chart->Change entry/exit algorithm->Tester and so on in a circle.

2 Jhonny
If you recalculate on every bar, the channels often disappear and then reappear

If you use an exact condition (e.g. RMS2/3>RMSCO), this will be the case. Set some kind of finite precision. In this case you have it =0.
Either change the condition or keep monitoring that channel until it passes the accuracy boundary or stays outside the condition for the specified time.

2 Vladislav
Thanks for the update :-)
Did you have a look at the interbank competition. What were your impressions ? A new one starts tomorrow. Aren't you going to take part.

I've seen it, it's interesting. I'd like to take part. Haven't solved the issue of legitimate account opening yet :(.

Sincerely, Vladislav.
Good luck and good trends.

Hello all!
On the subject of literature, I can recommend the following interesting link:
http://ihtik.lib.ru/math_1june2006/
I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

2 Jhonny

If you use an exact condition (e.g. RMS2/3> RMS), it will be. Set some kind of finite precision. In this case you have it =0.
Either change the condition or continue to monitor this channel until it exceeds the accuracy limit or stays outside the condition for a given time.

I don't use the RMS2/3>RMS condition.
So far, I only use 2 conditions
1) the last third does not fall outside the 99.9% interval of the channel built by 2/3;
2) minimum RMS in selected groups (it is just what gives the variability in time I think);

Minimum RMS in selected groups (this is what gives the variability in time I think)

I think so too. Once again I would like to draw your attention to accuracy. What is the RMS minimum? If it is a number (e.g. 3.5 points) the RMS <=min RMS is accurate. That is, if your RMS=3.5001 points, it no longer meets this condition. At the very least, you should round up to decimals (in this case) before making a comparison.
In fact, first of all, find out where your channels go and why.

What is the minimum RMS?

According to the first condition, several groups of nearby channels are selected, and according to the second, from each group the one with the smallest RMS is selected, and I will try to understand where they go and where they reappear from.

Hi all! <br / translate="no"> Regarding literature, I can recommend the following interesting link:
http://ihtik.lib.ru/math_1june2006/
I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

Thank you. "Scalable" reference. :о) Anyway, in theory, we're all covered. :о)
Reason: