Make your first million - page 161

moskitman:

Vladislav, you and I both understand (I hope) that the number of assumptions (theoretically, if not considering probability, being presumptively true, etc.) exceeds the limit at which you should risk your hard-earned money.

You, I am sure, would not be satisfied with a hypothetical car for a theoretical million real roubles.

How about an owl? Would it be practical, or just theoretical?

Start on 1 June.

moskitman:

You have been given a false idea: by promising a hypothetical opportunity to earn unlimited sums of money you have been forced to chase a pipe dream and provided with all kinds of tools to do so.

Who promises? I seem to be one of the biggest losers here, the percentage that I have in a year, many have in a week.

In fact only by correctly combining technical and fundamental analysis can you get a statistical advantage over other market participants, and not necessarily on a permanent basis.

Fundamental analysis is very poorly formalized. Personally, I'm for strictly technical analysis.

And what a man! He is holding on to losses in the market, great! He is waiting out the losses and relies on (I don't even know what) - he's a man!

That's right, when I asked Danic about levels he couldn't tell me anything. From which I conclude that he evaluates levels "by eye", just like the rest of his trading.

Alexandr Murzin:
What about the owl? Will it be practical, or just theoretical?

So my quip is.

...the midnight deal to the Daily Wind... boo-ha-ha-ha-ha...

you're not convinced?

Sure, I'll throw you a few lines of code in 4, you can play around.

George Merts:

Who's the promise? I seem to be one of the biggest losers here, the percentage that I have in a year, many have in a week...

Then why hold "<CENSORED>" such a deposit, if you are not prepared to "dive" into a deep drawdown? To withstand a series of failures?

So you admit that your market analysis is useless, and a long series of losing trades is possible?

George Merts:

Fundamental analysis is very poorly formalized. Personally, I'm strictly for technical analysis.

Oh, yeah... I see...

Has it ever occurred to you that in order to make a deal on, say, Eurobucks, it would be nice to look at (and analyze) all euro and dollar pairs available in the terminal?
The guessing from the chart of one financial instrument has very indirect relation to the analysis of the MARKET, let me tell you.

An eternally hungry dinosaur:

moskitman:

Then why hold such a <sensored> deposit if you are not prepared to "dive" into deep drawdowns? To withstand a series of failures?
So you admit that your market analysis is useless and a long series of losing trades is possible?

Why is it "useless"? I've already told many times - my TS has been tested on 15 years of strategy tester, two years of real "manual trading", and now it's been running on full auto. Yes, it does not give much, but no matter what I tried to do better, it did not work out yet. The maximum length of a series of losing trades is 5. If this value is reached, I will have to seriously modify the TS. But so far there is only a queue of three. If the current SL is successful, it will be four. We'll see.

Oh, yeah... I see...

Has it ever occurred to you that in order to make a trade on, say, the Eurobucks, it would be a good idea to look at (and analyze) all the pairs available in the terminal with the euro and the dollar?
Guessing from the chart of a single financial instrument has very indirect relation to the analysis of MARKET, I tell you.

Maybe, very maybe. The question is again, the formalisation. Here you say "it's not bad to look at..." - so these conclusions of yours about other pairs - must also have clear rules, tested on history. I don't have them, unfortunately. I only have rules worked out for eurodollar. There were attempts to "screw" with other pairs, but so far no success.

Alexander Laur:

No news! What's going on?

A few seconds later:

They're just mocking, don't they get it?

Alexander Laur:
That's not enough monitor. :)

But it is easy to see in relation to GBP, CAD, Aussie and Yen.
This type of indicator is called... (your homework)

George Merts:

Why is it "no good" ? I've already said many times - my TS has been tested for 15 years in strategy tester, two years of real "manual" and now - half a year working on full automatic. Yes, it does not give much, but no matter what I tried to do better, it did not work out yet. The maximum length of a series of losing trades is 5. If this value is reached, I will have to seriously modify the TS. But so far there is only a queue of three. If the current SL is successful, it will be four. Let's see.

In the strategy tester (for the hundredth time), you can only check the correctness of writing the Expert Advisor, but not the profitability of the strategy. Don't believe me? Ask experienced people whom you believe.

Sooner or later, SHE WILL get your series of five.

George Merts:

Maybe, very maybe. The question, again, is formalisation. Here you say "not bad to look at..." - so these conclusions of yours about other pairs - must also have clear rules, tested on history. I don't have them, unfortunately. I only have rules worked out for eurodollar. I tried to "fix" other pairs, but failed.

Here is a tip: (do not confuse with Dai on vodka =) forex money turnover is huge, but not infinite, especially for a limited time intervals.
Hence the conclusion that such concepts as overbought and oversold have a place.

And now look: if the same EUR in the last 24 hours was bought for dollars, for yens, for pounds, for Canadians ... and most of those purchases are falling, then... (YOUR homework)

Saw weights, Zhora... ©

moskitman:

Has it ever occurred to you that for making a deal on, say, Eurobucks it would be nice to look at (and analyse) all pairs available in the terminal with EUR and USD?
The guessing from the chart of one financial instrument has a very indirect relation to the analysis of the MARKET, let me tell you.

Pfft, you talk as if you know how to trade. Eurobucks has the most liquidity, so you don't need to look at the others.

Futures, options are another matter.

Фьючерсные объемы для МТ:

Pfft, you talk as if you know how to trade. Eurobucks has the most liquidity, so you don't need to look at the others.

Futures, options are another matter.

Quiet! You're scaring the shit out of me! =)

Where the fuck are you going?

Reason: