What kind of expert does an expert have to be for you to buy one? - page 3

Doozer2:

I am convinced that if a trading system can be described in words and laid out on paper, then it can (and should!) be programmed and tested on history. If only to make sure that it does not lose money.

And the semi-automatic is a slippery, subjective thing. After all, you can not pass (sell) your intuition to someone else ...

I myself have been trading for many years on the eye+intuition system, sometimes very successfully, until the third factor appears - psychology. This is where a tool is needed to neutralize this third factor.

Loss of time. Intuition will come with time. It is experience that comes with time. Example. There is a good driver and a bad one. The bad one becomes good after 10 years of practice. Well, that's a fitting truth, guys. The challenge is to gain experience in the real market. To write assistants, not automatons. An automaton can be handled by an experienced coder-trader. And I am not sure yet. Don't judge too harshly, I've eaten my way through it for many years. And more.... Trading should bring pleasure, not fear and even more greed.

Scriptong:

The question has the wrong emphasis from the start. And this is understandable - many people when buying a robot expect that now they just attach the program to the chart and watch how the balance and equity grow. But let us face it: creating an automated trading strategy that can yield profit over the long term without the intervention of a trader is a very difficult task, if not impossible.

Let's assume that someone has such a system. I think many would agree that it would be foolish to just sell it. It would be more correct to open a PAMM account and signals on its basis. The profits are many times greater than just selling the program.

Therefore, all those ATS that are sold should be regarded only as a trader's tools to help him in this or that circumstance. But no more. Saying that such programs show poor trading results and be offended by this is, at a minimum, incorrect. When buying an ATS, you should be clear about how it works and how it should be used for its intended purpose. You should not leave the PBX unattended or relax while it is working.

Otherwise (if the principle of operation of the PBX is unknown) it is a cat in a poke. In making a sale of such an EA, the seller is showing his own shamelessness and irresponsibility, and the buyer is showing his own stupidity and greed.

I'm sorry, nothing personal, but it's hard to think of anything more absurd.

ATS is an automated trading system (in case you don't know how it's deciphered). What then is the point of an automated system if it needs constant monitoring, " You can't leave the ATS unattended or relax while it's running" as you say?
"...all those ATCs that are sold should only be seen as tools for the trader to help him in one circumstance or another. But no more..." - This statement refers to such software products, which do not fall under the definition of "ATS".
And another question - "To create an automated trading strategy that in the long term can produce profits without a trader's intervention, is a very difficult task, if not impossible. Assuming that someone has such a system"... Why make assumptions and assumptions on a topic you don't know about? Wouldn't it be easier to search for information about trading turnovers in the world, performed by trading robots (ATS), such information is available, you can trace the progress of development over the years ...

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

Doozer2:

1, 5 is not a problem, although it is difficult to find a normal pre-2009 story for XAUUSD under MT5, for example.

6. How high is the Recovery Factor? The drawdown is desirable up to 10%.

Monitoring is necessary! What service would be preferable?

I would not buy any Expert Advisors, I have a couple of my own. I submitted one for sale for ridiculous price, for the sake of interest, the result was zero).

In order to buy another EA, I need to understand how it works, where it stumbles, how to avoid it, what to do if it starts to fail, etc. All this will take a lot of time. Therefore, it is easier for me to edit mine, knowing what surprises they may present to me.

And it's even easier to order an Expert Advisor in the "Jobs" service with my own algorithm and get a live code.

Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
С запуском сервиса "Работа" MQL5.community становится идеальным местом для размещения заказов и оказания услуг программирования. Тысячи трейдеров и разработчиков ежедневно посещают этот ресурс и с легкостью могут помочь друг другу. Для трейдера сервис "Работа" - это легкая возможность получить свой собственный эксперт. Для MQL5-разработчика это возможность легко найти новых клиентов. В данной статье мы рассмотрим возможности этого сервиса.

It's a pity there's no possibility of putting Like

Regarding the robot

Conditions must be met

-Testing over a long period of time, at least 9-10 years

-No more than 20-30% drawdown in the balance, there are different times in the market.

-Absence of sharp negative balance change

-Absence of pipsing 3-5-7-10 points from the market - it is a sure loss

-It is desirable to use only Limit inputs to avoid slippage.

-monitoredreal account

I understand that monitoring is not profitable for sellers - if the robot will lose, no one will buy it

-Consistency of monitoring data with the tester results

-The author and fame is not important, because there are different people

-------

Now about the trader with the "unrealistically" big deposit, and the "quick" from 15% drawdown. Firstly, then why keep money in the account? Secondly, it's trivial, at least deceitful - your system is based on breakout entries, and breakout entries are no less risky than limit entries, because a) stops, b) you may get into a market reversal

Drawdowns are inevitable here, especially for entries at the end of corrections, when the market makes a strong reversal

The best market earner is a trader who knows how to wait and who trades according to a strict system. I personally know a trader who was able to earn over a million from 16k a year, he withdrew part of it and emptied the rest. But he also experienced drawdowns of 20 and 30 percent. And he was a long-term trader.

Ever since I was a schoolboy I learnt one rule from my maths teacher: if a trader says that he knows something and cannot explain it, it means that he does not know it. Consequently, entering by intuition, they are always more losing than winning in advance.

As for the brokers, they do not have any information about the profitability of the brokerage services.

P.S. if you do not have 15% drawdown, you do not need your investors' money and you don't need them. Besides, it's a sly, if you prohibit investors to add money to your account, i can understand it, but what prevents you from opening another one, show the standings, put multiterminal and people will flood into PAM, both investors and traders without 15% drawdown are great -)

I agree with only one thing with an unrealistically big deposit - trading must be enjoyable and strictly according to the rules. If they are right - in the long run profit. That's why I have an exceptionally positive attitude towards robots

And yes, the most important thing for a robot is that it should not have functions optimization such as averages, bollinger and other lagging indicators, the market is changing drastically and the probability of loss is guaranteed. That's why they sell tester robots. For example, when I see a new Expert Advisor in the Market, I immediately put the backtest for ...2005 and 2008, and it withstands - I look for an earlier history to this day. So far none has earned at least 50 percent per annum sustainably.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

iTC:
Gentlemen, do not work with virtual risks on demo accounts! And especially not in testers. Well, it's just ridiculous. Do not fantasise and do not engage in folklore! Take about 100 thousand and go to the real market! Then all your automated robot advisors will show themselves.... =) The task of all DCs is to lure as many plankton with DEPO=500 bucks as possible and strip them on headless high-frequency ones. Remember this.
Believe me, robots can trade big money. I'm saying this from my experience of managing 6lb (100% ATS). No, of course it may not be money for you. But then I don't even know what else to say to convince you of the seriousness of automated trading.

C-4:
And there is no need to be clever about it. Trust me, robots can trade with a lot of money. And I'm telling this from my experience of managing 6 billion (100% ATS). No, of course it may not be money for you. But then I don't even know what else to say to convince you of the seriousness of automated trading.

That's right, I agree. If 15% drawdown is a reason to call an ambulance, it is contraindicated to manage the money. The robot has no emotions, it follows the original logic, of course it cannot always and everywhere to earn, in flat market it may lose some money, but it is normal and during a trend it will take all losses and gain profit. The standard working points.

And you know what all the fuss is about? Because he thinks they're all drainers. Hands are just as bad, and even more so. Not all robots are plummers. If everything is included in the price then there are methods of relatively profitable trading, the question is in correct analysis and filters. If there is a strategy, it should be programmed, if it is losing by adaptive lot, then you will also lose by hand.

Then the next thing - everyone is so scolding of martini, but in fact, martini, unlike many common plummers, still gives at least some chance of success to the average trader. Even with an illan you can make a thousand million -) the main thing is to choose the right time to enter the market)))) the lottery.

Regarding martin - I think that it is applicable in robots with a gentle algorithm and in potentially profitable systems without martin. I do not see anything wrong with slow martin. Again, the test is at least a five year history - if a martin does not fail, it has a chance to live.

The only important thing for a real trading robot is to correctly identify the direction of movement over a long period of history.

The indicators will tell us whether to close or to open, and we do not need much intelligence there.

iTC:
Time loss. Intuition will come with time. It is experience that comes with time. Example. There is a good driver and a bad one. The bad one becomes good after 10 years of practice. Well, that's a fitting truth, guys. The challenge is to gain experience in the real market. To write assistants, not automatons. An automaton can be handled by an experienced coder-trader. And I am not sure yet. Don't judge too harshly, I've eaten my way through it for many years. And more.... Trading should bring pleasure, not fear and even more greed.

Well, many people here have enough intuition and experience. For example, I started trading back in the early 2000s through the UTG broker Alexey Kalinichenko, who then let everyone down, incidentally, he was also a well-known and respected person who thousands of people trusted.

I have always traded on real account only. And always with pleasure!

Can you tell me which robots are non-drainers?

And separately, which non-draining robots are earning money?

trora:

Can you tell me which robots are non-drainers?

And separately, which non-draining robots are earning money?

No one is going to tell you. It is your cross to find, test, sort and share information with others. Then your actions will be useful. But in the meantime ... So far, only talk in the form of "all men are jerks, all women are swans and only I, my love, am D'Artagnan".
Reason: