Brokers phishing for new customers through Private Messages?

Anyone else got a PM from a user with a blank profile, introducing themselves as an Account Manager working for a regulated Broker, claiming that they have true ECN accounts with tight spreads and high leverage, but if you visit their website and compare them to your current Broker, you'd see that their spreads are very high and their minimum deposit requirements are even higher, but if you tell them that, they'd come up with an explanation like "When it comes to the spreads, the higher spreads, the more rebates, because we provide 50% of the spreads to our clients." and "To the minimum deposit, if you are willing to trade with us, I can help you to reduce the minimum deposit. I can do that."

Isn't that funny? Do people actually fall for that?

NELODI:

Anyone else got a PM from a user with a blank profile, introducing themselves as an Account Manager working for a regulated Broker, claiming that they have true ECN accounts with tight spreads and high leverage, but if you visit their website and compare them to your current Broker, you'd see that their spreads are very high and their minimum deposit requirements are even higher, but if you tell them that, they'd come up with an explanation like "When it comes to the spreads, the higher spreads, the more rebates, because we provide 50% of the spreads to our clients." and "To the minimum deposit, if you are willing to trade with us, I can help you to reduce the minimum deposit. I can do that."

i had the same experience last week

NELODI:

as always there will be victims for such thing.....

Some time ago i also had a guy chasing me here and in private by email introducing him self as an Account manager but when i asked for proof of he's own identity and the company he supposed to work for he suddenly just vanished.

it's an ugly world and all kinds of criminals lurking behind the corner trying to get hold of your hard earned money. When choosing broker, do it yourself and study the company inside out before even register with them and make sure they are thrust worthy.

Please report these spammers to one of our moderators.

Thanks.

Marco vd Heijden:

Please report these spammers to one of our moderators.

Thanks.

The account I'm talking about seems to have been taken care of already (the account name is now crossed-over on their profile), but since anyone can open a new account easily, I don't think that closing one such account is going to solve the actual problem.

Anyway ... I just wanted to make sure everyone knows about this issue, especially because there are a lot of new people here, who might still be looking for a Broker. Do NOT trust anyone who tries to introduce you to a Broker through a Private Message. Respectable Brokers have no need for such practices. And most people who introduce them as "Account Managers" of some Broker, do NOT even work for the Broker, but simply register an account as an "Introducing Broker" and collect commissions for every user who registers a REAL account and makes a deposit, then trades sufficient volume. It is very easy to blow up your account and lose all your money if you do NOT have experience trading, and ... the ONLY interest people like that have, is to make you trade as much as possible. They do NOT care if you blow up your account and lose all your money, as long as the volume you have traded is large enough for the "Account Manager" / "Introducing Broker" to collect their commission.

Reason: