Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 21

VladislavVG:
No - with the same market situation and equivalent actions, the result (profit/loss) will be the same.
Equivalent actions are not the point. Only about replacing the lock strategy with its netting equivalent. At the same time, the lock strategy is based on completely different actions and has a different profit path that can be applied regardless of the application of the netting equivalent. Therefore, the result can be completely different.

IgorM

You can average as much as you like. The problem is that sooner or later you'll run out of margin anyway. It's no better than martin - in fact it's the same crap. Give it up - save a couple of years of your precious life.

alsu: I advise every locker: first of all, be honest with yourself and count. The 1st grade arithmetic course is enough for that.

if Loker's sitting with a calculator... what kind of Loker is he... - no way.... Every Loker has a bottomless deposit and is ready to make 30-40 trades without taking a loss :)

Andrei01:
There was no talk of equivalent action. Only about replacing a lock strategy with its netting equivalent. However, the long strategy is based on completely different actions and has a different profit path that can be applied regardless of the application of the netting equivalent. The result can therefore be quite different.

Citizen... you need to see a shrink :) ... it happens... autumn... aggravation...

======================================================

- That's right, Yuri Benedictovich. Let's go backwards. Who needs the current situation in Russia? After all we think that it is not the stars that have so unfavourably disposed to Russia? For centuries and now in particular.
- Viktor Kharitonovich, it is necessary for those who want to make a profit. To get even more profit. They haven't earned enough. They want more. More and more. Power gives them the right to consider their own interests as equal to those of society. And the more power, the more influence.
- You're a golden man, Yuri Benedictovich. You need a rest. You don't take care of yourself. And if you know anyone else, tell us. We'll put him on our list. Yeah, yeah, we'll put him... on the phone.

alsu:

IgorM

You may average as much as you wish. The problem is that sooner or later you will run out of margin anyway. It's no better than martin - and in fact it's the same shit. Give it up - you'll save a couple of years of your precious life.

Not really, the purpose of this averaging is just b/w, levels (20 pps) do not need to be searched on the entire history, but rather use the average height of recent bars - or some other way

In the Strategy Tester I limited the number of levels to 4 and then instead of b/u I put % of loss on the next turn - i.e. 4th level lock - we take 4% loss, 5th level - 5%, etc. (I use numbers 4 and 5% in my head - risk management is a bit different)

Aleksander:

Citizen... You need to see a shrink :) ... it happens... autumn... aggravation...

Actually, flooding is not really welcome here, especially if there's nothing substantive to say...

VladislavVG:
I guess the errors are mutual - would you have any trouble giving an example to illustrate your assertion.

Everything has already been illustrated for a hundred rows in thousands of locker and anti-locker arguments.

--

We have several trading systems working on one account. The state of each trading system must be stored on the server, in the form of orders.

Variant 1, with locks - each trading system is working with its own set of orders, they are like managing ones. (The netting shows the aggregate trading position)

Variant 2, without locks - the trading system should retrieve its state from the aggregate position on every tick...

--

Arithmetic has nothing to do with it at all. This is not on the topic of the branch, it's to the stubbornness of anti-locking.

Andrei01:
It's not really a welcome thing to be flustered here, especially if you don't have anything substantive to say...

hmmm... reread the thread... you've been shown the fallacy of your reasoning... what point are we talking about?

show me an EXAMPLE - 10 trades with lots - that can't be done when netting positions... and that's it... you're d'Artagnan and I'm the goat....

in the meantime - it's the other way around :)

alsu:

I've been catching a laugh from this thread all day)))

IgorM, what if the price went down before reaching point 3?

P.S.

As gip rightly said above, locks are nothing more than a method of accounting, but I disagree with the second part of the statement - it does not and never will give any real advantage. I am surprised at the people who believe in this nonsense. I advise every locker: honestly - to yourself first of all - sit down and count. A course in arithmetic for the first grade is enough for that.

It's easier to put a notch in the sky when falling from 7,000 metres.

Aleksander:

hmmm... reread the thread... you've been shown the fallacy of your reasoning... what point are we talking about?

show me an EXAMPLE - 10 trades with lots - that cannot be done when netting positions... and that's it... you are d'Artagnan and I am a goat....

in the meantime - it's the other way around :)

Well, and vice versa.

Just to do something without a lock, you need 2 actions - to close, and to open.

And you can just open with a locomotive.

Well, and accounting is easier, if you have a system for it.

In the rest - how is one crazy person different from another?

Reason: