The perfect Take Profit - page 3

barabashkakvn:
You might end up pipsing :)

noooo :)

It's just that I usually trade by signals, not by levels, which is why I use a SL and not a TP.

All depends on the technical analysis and volatility of the market, respectively will be their TP, on average 20-30 pips at the 4 sign is normal, and most importantly on all transactions put T / S equal to 15 pips.

it's not certain that it's 15...

it's my opinion that 25 - 30 have the right to exist

it all depends on the pair and the tf

I've calculated that pullbacks often happen after three candles in one direction, thinking to try taking a take profit (out of the sdnk) on 3 candles in a row.

Maybe someone knows an indicator that counts how many candles in one direction (bullish or bearish) were consecutively?

-Aleks-:

I've calculated that pullbacks often happen after three candles in one direction, thinking to try to put a take profit (out of the sdnk) on 3 candles in a row.

Maybe someone knows an indicator that counts how many candles in one direction (bullish or bearish) were consecutively?

A nicely started thread - not a bad solution on take outs, followed by a discussion on the flexibility of take outs depending on the situation - is exactly what you need. It only remains to digest it and give it to the programmers to work on. I should say right away that opening an order is much easier than closing it, because there are a million different ways to close it. I will not even mention the human factor. So, automation of this process must be performed in forex without exceptions. Gut!

I'll say a few words) Everyone here is discussing the take, but only a couple of people remembered the stop loss. According to manimanagement rules take should be 3 times bigger than stop loss (even if you're trading without stop loss you should have in your head at least a line to close position in case of wrong entry or unforeseen situation), plus you should take into consideration how long you hold a position according to your trading strategy, in fact you might take more points if you enter the market successfully, but you don't have to be greedy and the latter plays an important role. From my own experience I can say that taking a stop loss at no-loss is not the best way to go, because volatility jumps are always possible and this will lead to a quicker closing of a position and to taking the take profit.

GoodCat:
From purely theoretical point of view, I believe the ideal take profit is the best possible ratio of three consecutive conditions where the take profit value tends to infinity while stop loss value tends to zero

The wording is wrong.

If the stoploss tends to zero, then you get a loss on the spread. After all, close stops are more likely to be triggered. If the stoploss is zero, it will trigger immediately upon opening a position.

Reshetov:

The wording is wrong.

If the stoploss tends to zero, then you get a loss on the spread. After all, close stops are more likely to be triggered. If the stoploss is zero, it will trigger as soon as the position is opened.

And I should add that in the tester you can get a grail, but we don't believe it))))

papaklass:

"The Perfect Take Profit. What is it?

Let me give you my thoughts on the subject.

In order to determine the SIZE of an ideal take profit, you need to define your goals. What do I want to get as a result of my trading?

For example, I want to see my deposit grow by 5% per week. How can I achieve it? What should I select as my trading strategy?

1. You may use a short term trading system, with position holding from 1 to 3-5 days. I would have one trade per week using this tactic. So, I should take the mid-week trading range (EURUSD, ATR(15)=183.0 pips) and try to take 50% of this range. The take profit for this system will be about 90.0 pips.

2. You can apply intraday trading, when the position will be held for several hours. With this tactic I will have several trades a day. If I increase my deposit more than 1% per day, I will meet my target. ATR(8 hours) shows a value of 15.0 pips. So take profit should be within these limits.

3. you may apply scalping, where position holding will be up to a few tens of minutes. When such trading, the number of deals will be at least 10 and Take Profit will be equal to 3.0-5.0 pips.

You see, each strategy has its own size of Take Profit. And time will tell whether it is ideal or not. :)

This method is the simplest, I would call it "I want", but the market does not give us what we want and the main objective of TP setting is to take what the market gives so far. That is, simply put TP in fixed pips on all transactions, of course you can, but only if you can predict the price movement in the long term, and the more pips, the more far-sighted you must be. But, one cannot claim that the market always moves by a given number of pips, after which a reversal follows or its probability significantly increases. And if a reversal doesn't follow, what's the point of closing the position?

Armen:

Question - if you don't leave the trade to an EA, and you run it yourself, do you need a TP at all?

If you don't drop it and watch it grow for a long time, you may get greedy and close it much later... price reversal.

Maybe this is what papaklass wrote about - fixing greed ... But this is the final TP fiasco, and before that there may be other situations to close the order that can also be attributed to the TP.

Reason: