The perfect Take Profit - page 10

Developed a floating take profit, the essence is that there is a standard TP, but if the standard is not very promising (low profit or loss) at the moment, then starts searching for a better alternative, for an alternative using zig-zag, daily volatility (own indicator), pivots, signal to rollover, RSI, iMA, those indicators that show the best TP fall into the pool, which is averaged and the most suitable TP is sought.

-Aleks-:
Developed floating take profit, the essence is that there is a standard TP, but if the standard is not very promising (low profit or loss) at the moment, then starts searching for the best alternative, for alternatives using zig-zag, daily volatility (your indicator), pivots, signal to rollover, RSI, iMA, those indicators that show the best TP fall into the pool, which is averaged and is sought most appropriate TP.

1. What is a "standard TA", what are the criteria for "standardisation"?

2. How does it differ from the optimum TP, which is determined by the tester or by the results of real trading? Everyone chooses the optimization criterion himself - maximizing profits or minimizing losses and drawdowns or something else. For example, I chose maximization of the recovery factor - the ratio of net profit to maximal drawdown under the condition TP=CL. I try to make this criterion greater than 2. Usually I reach values of 3-5, rarely 6-8, very rarely -10 depending on the logic of TC.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

1. What is a "standard TA", what are the criteria for "standardisation"?

2. How does it differ from the optimal TP, which is determined by the tester or by the results of real trading? Everyone chooses the optimization criterion himself - maximizing profits or minimizing losses and drawdowns or something else. For example, I chose maximization of the recovery factor - the ratio of net profit to maximal drawdown in case TP = SL. I try to make this criterion greater than 2. Usually I reach values of 3-5, rarely 6-8, very rarely -10 depending on the logic of TC.

1. Standard in this case - is that TP, which is usually (by default) used in a particular TS. In my case it is a simple muving - as it has the unique property of accounting for time.

2. In different situations, the take profit may be different - just from the fact that price has a natural corridor of movement. My system takes into account market volatility and generates the optimum take profit at this point in time - the size of take profit is revised at each new bar. It is selected from individually optimized different signals to close the order.

Using the recovery factor is only relevant when comparing on equal timeframes, since the average drawdown is a constant value and the profit tends to accumulate. For me 1-2 FS in a year is a good result.

-Aleks-:

My system takes into account changes in the market and generates an optimal take profit at the current time - the size of the take profit is revised at each new bar. The selection is made from individually optimized different signals to close the order.

What are these signals7

Youri Tarshecki:
What are these signals7
I use zig-zag, daily volatility (my own indicator), pivots, signal for reversal, RSI, iMA, those indicators that show the best TP get into the pool, which is averaged and the most suitable TP is found. By these signals the percentage of profitable trades ranges from 65% to 80% for my TS.

I rarely use a Take Profit order to exit a position. As a rule, I am better suited to take a position on impulse after a flat. As for indicators, I use a combination of MACD and OsMA to exit a position.
Reason: