Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 640

Sergey Basov:

ME turned out to be of no use to anyone, apparently it didn't shoot for MQ )))

Now all efforts are devoted to create a clone of R))

So I'll have to code wherever is more convenient )).

The attached file contains MQL4 (classic) for Notepad++, MQL5 is still in production.

I think you are a developer too, and you are asking questions in the newbies branch ))

Thanks, installed it and all went).

A pain in the neck to use and Notepad does not know how to compile) but nevertheless, for lack of anything else, this is the best yet.

Is it impossible to implement at once in ME for so many years, some R introduce that need ... and if anyone needs them at all except MQ.

Sergey Basov, send this archive to service-desk and let them at least put such a solution into the next version ofMetaEditor =)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Thank you, installed it and all is well)

It's really tedious to use and Notepad can't compile) but still, for lack of anything else, this is the best so far.

Is it impossible to implement at once in ME for so many years, some R introduce that need ... and if anyone needs them at all except MQ.

Sergey Basov, send this archive to service-desk and let them at least put such a solution into the next version ofMetaEditor =)

Lord is the master, he knows best ))) (MQ)

Perhaps a humorous video should be made for fun comparing IDEs.

By the way, I can keep ME open and Notepad++ open in parallel and if I write code outside of ME (I use Notepad++ to write in MQL), ME keeps it up to date and compiles well. It's not very convenient of course, but I'm used to it, and there seems to be no point in waiting for a new ME.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

The Future of MQL5 - MQL5+ or even MQL6

Sergey Basov, 2015.12.22 01:43

The MetaEditor's proposals have been appearing year after year, with the same suggestions, even "in pictures" in 2011:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2582/page3#comment_57696

And parallel branches on how to bolt MQL to Visual Studio, Notepad++ etc. )))

There was even a poll on folding in that distant 2011: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2931

Conclusions, gentlemen and ladies.

Sergey Basov:

ME turned out to be of no use to anyone, apparently it didn't shoot for MQ )))

Now all efforts are thrown to create a clone of R )))

So we'll have to code wherever is more convenient )).

Attached is MQL4 (classic) for Notepad++, MQL5 is still in production.

I think you are a developer too, and you ask questions in the newbies branch ))

Wow !

Can we have a brief instruction on how to attach it to Notepad ?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Wow !

can i have a brief instruction on how to attach it to Notepad ?

It's in the archive, and in general it would be great to make a video guide in 3-5 minutes )

I've already set it up, but it turns out not everything - no error display, but it all works.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Couldn't this have been implemented in ME for so many years, some R's being introduced that are needed... And whether anyone needs them at all, except for MQ.

Imho, everything is a little more complicated. Or simpler.)) But, in general, everything is explained. We'll find out in a couple of years.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's in the archive, but in general it would be great to make a video guide in 3-5 minutes).

I have already configured it, but it turns out not all - no error display, but it all works.

To be honest when I wrote the archive I looked only along the line - there's a Readme (who reads it at once :-)) the XML and jpeg images ...

I don't think I'll do it today, I'll do it tomorrow... maybe I'll show the errors at the same time, it won't be hard to do, I should just write a *.bat (*.cmd) that will run the compiler correctly and feed its log to Notepad

Kudos to the author, of course ! But it would be better to put it not in a video (you can hardly make it) but at least in a blog with details.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

To be honest, when I wrote the archive, I only looked along - there's a Readme (who reads it at once :-) ) XML and jpeg pictures...

I won't tune it today, I'll do it tomorrow... I may have the error display at the same time, it won't be hard to do, I should just write the *.bat (*.cmd) that will run the compiler correctly and save the log to Notepad

Kudos to the author! But it's worth posting it not as a video (you can hardly make it) but at least in a blog with details.

Well, I am the author (please don't judge too harshly), I wrote the Readme for myself and a jpg for my comrades, so I would not forget how to attach MQL to Notepad++ in 5 years time.

I will make MQL5 in jpg soon))

MU will be in the background ))

Sergey Basov:

I wrote the readme for myself and the jpg for my comrades so that not to forget in 5 years.

But that's bullshit, MQL5 will come soon ))))

Then we'll laugh )))

ME will fade into the background )))

If you consider that the recipes for Notepad++ (yes yes, plus-plus) can be transformed for any editor/IDE on Scintilla then yes, that's cool...

Hello.

Please help me put this into a loop

if(Open[1]>Close[1]&&Open[2]>Close[2]&&Open[3]>Close[3]) 
 {
 BER=true;
 }
I want to change the number of bars in the condition.

mila.com:

Hello.

Please help me to put this into a loop

I want to change the number of bars in the condition.
   int BarCount=3;
   bool BER=true;
   for(int i=1;y<=BarCount;i++)
     {
      if(Open[i]<Close[i]){BER=false;break}
     }
Reason: