Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1094

Alexey Viktorov:

That's what knowledge of C++ would help not to ask such questions?

Well, why shouldn't one write? It is very necessary, many beginners read it, and it is better for a beginner to grasp the idea at once.
Because few people will be able to give a proper answer on the subject. And even less so a recommendation.
I myself have long hesitated at first what language to learn, tried many, really sick to my brain from the uncertainty.
But my task was exactly to study something close to mql. When I learned that the C language was similar, all doubts vanished, and I purposefully started to study the C language.
Understanding the structure and basics of the language, the matter went like clockwork, mql was easily comprehended.
And when you get what you're writing and your wishes come true, you get excited about studying it - it's like a drug))
Then I got interested in OOP, I didn't understand it for a long time because I didn't understand the same thing).
Methods and functions, properties/fields and variables, that's where the problem lay)))) and I spent a lot of time postponing the study of OOP,
I put off learning OOP time and time again because I just couldn't understand that they are essentially synonymous, and I'm sure most people don't understand it. Until an acquaintance explained to me that it is one and the same ))
Then I started looking at other languages and I realized that I read and understand them, all languages are similar to each other in meaning, only the notation and syntax are different.
And then I started writing code too. It's like they say with English, once you understand the dialect, other languages are easy to learn.
But if we go back to coding, the basis of my learning was C.

And as for your question...
The key word is "found" not "wrote".
Alexey, it's trivial ))knowledge of C++ will help you to write the function you need by yourself, with any calculation you need, taking into account possible crutches of the terminal.
And not to use obsolete code you've found and then bang on the wall of incomprehension. That's what I wrote above.
Indeed, the development of the terminal is constantly in progress, which should not make users happy, albeit slowly, but it's developing.
And it is a trivial example of a woeful coder who cannot launch the debugger and try to find the reason and fix or circumvent an error.
And since finding bugs in other people's code is a painful business, it's easier to write your own code from scratch to fit the current realities.
And don't troll for a long post, it's better to let beginners think through the meaning of what you've written.

secret:

I set the test interval in the tester from 17 July (yesterday) to 19 July (tomorrow).

But the test stops at 23:59 on the 17th of July.

Why is the test not running for today, ***

Testing for the current day is not allowed.

This is a precautionary protection against particularly sneaky comrades.

Vladimir Karputov:

Testing for the current day is forbidden.

It's a preventative protection against particularly devious comrades.

Are you making a joke? Is there anything in the documentation about this?
I think it's simpler than that - the tester is incomplete, to say the least.
Because of this, you have to wait an extra 24 hours to make corrections if you find a bug.

secret:
Are you joking? Is there something in the documentation about this?

Once again: this is exactly protection. Protection from crooks. As for the reference - it's all there, you just have to do a search and read.

Help:

Selecting Test Settings#

• Note that specifying a symbol does not mean the tester will only use that historical data. Information on all symbols involved in the Expert Advisor is downloaded automatically by the tester.
  • Before testing/optimization, all available price data for the main chart symbol is automatically loaded into the platform. If you have a slow internet connection this can take a long time.
  • All data is downloaded once, on subsequent runs only missing information is downloaded.
  • For testing/optimisation you can only select the symbols that are currently active in the "Market Watch" window.
  • During testing and optimisation the price data for all required symbols are automatically downloaded from the server.
  • The testing starts and ends at 00h.00m on the specified days. However, the start date of testing/optimisation is included in the testing period and the end date is not included. The test ends on the last tick of the previous day. It is also not possible to specify an end date greater than the current date. In this case, testing will still be performed on the current date (without including it).

secret:

Because of this you have to wait an extra day to make corrections if you find an error.

The tester just allows you to enter any previous date - if you keep waiting for yesterday, you probably misunderstand what the tester is. Please read the help.

Help:

Тестирование стратегий - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
Тестирование стратегий - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Тестер стратегий позволяет тестировать и оптимизировать торговые стратегии (советники) перед началом использования их в реальной торговле. При тестировании советника происходит его однократная прогонка с начальными параметрами на исторических данных. При оптимизации торговая стратегия прогоняется несколько раз с различным набором параметров...

Олег Юдин:

Hello Gentlemen! I need to learn MQL5, but unfortunately I don't understand where to start and the logic. So to speak areas of responsibility. If there are people who know this language, if this person has a minute to explain at least in two words!

I would be grateful!)))

Such a resonance on a simple question )))))).

Well, and I'll throw in my five cents ... ;)

To learn MQL you don't have to learn any other languages, but it's very desirable to know the basics of programming. The thing is that this language is a specific one, it's aimed at accomplishing specific tasks. But what some people want is their desire.)

Basically. As I did when learning PHP (although I already knew BASIC, assembler, C and other stuff)... Set a problem, read a tutorial, found a solution. If you can't do it yourself, find some normal courses. Personally, I can say from experience that many of them will give you practically nothing, except the most important - learn for yourself!

If you have any difficulties then just go to the forum. They will help you. But no one will be able to teach you from scratch. This is not that kind of forum. There are no teachers here.

secret:
Are you kidding me? Is there anything in the documentation about it?
I think it's simpler than that - the tester is unfinished, to say the least.
Because of this, you have to wait an extra 24 hours to make edits if you find a mistake.

It is, in fact, finished, and it is finished on purpose.

A few years ago, they introduced this protection against fraud - to protect sales in the marketplace. After all, you can just download the demo (without paying anything) and test it on large timeframes for today. Just copy trades from the tester to the real one. On a large timeframe the delay is insignificant, and does not lead to a large discrepancy of signals.

Where were you (?) when this hole was mentioned and it was plugged - just banned testing for today.

And in order to fix bugs, why wait 24 hours? Fix it - who's stopping you?

Artyom Trishkin:

Just finished, and finished so deliberately.

A few years ago they introduced this fraud protection - to protect sales in the marketplace. After all, you can simply download the demo (without paying anything) and test on large timeframes for today. Just copy trades from the tester to the real one. On a large timeframe the delay is insignificant, and does not lead to a large discrepancy of signals.

Where were you (?) when this hole was mentioned, and it was plugged - just banned testing for today.

And to fix bugs, why wait 24 hours? Fix it. Who's stopping you?

Are you the one who thinks that sales in the marketplace are directly dependent on the current day's test...? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Wouldn't it be easier to control what account the signal is coming from? If it's from a real account, be my guest, if it's from a test account, bollocks and a broom in the bathhouse.

And then the copying will be delayed in any case. And in the long run, what the hell difference does it make how the signal is received? If the author himself does not work out the signal when opening it on the real, then dump a can of shit on it and do not let it into the community any more.

What is the problem?

Сергей Таболин:

Are you the one who thinks that sales in the marketplace are directly dependent on the current day's test...? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Wouldn't it be easier to control which account the signal comes from? If it's from a real account, be my guest, if it's from a test account, bollocks to the broom.

And then the copying will be delayed in any case. And in the long run, what the hell difference does it make how the signal is received? If the author himself does not work out the signal when opening it, then dump a can of shit on it and do not let it into the community.

What is the problem?

The issue has long been discussed, the decision has been made and no polemics are accepted.

If there is a "problem" for you in understanding such a solution - please bother to find comprehensive information on the subject and its discussion here yourself - it's all there.

Artyom Trishkin:

The issue has long been debated, the decision has been made and the controversy is not accepted.

If there is a "problem" for you in understanding such a decision, please find a comprehensive discussion of it here - it's all there.

Everything flows - everything changes...

Unfortunately, this is not about MQL.

I haven't seen that discussion, unfortunately (can I get a link?), but the question remains.

My trading robot is running and I need the current day's test result. Why can't I get it? Just because someone outbids you and finds a way to make money? Why is that not fair? If he's putting up a position himself on the real, why is it cheating?

This restriction is more of a "better to outbid than underbid" kind of thing...

Сергей Таболин:

Like I did when learning PHP (even though I was already proficient in BASIC, assembler, C, etc)... Set a problem, read a tutorial, found a solution.

Sergey, with such a luggage of knowledge it is natural to set a similar task to study it, because you already know the basics and not only that, and even the low-level code.
I also now study other languages as needed, if something needs to be coded, I outline the logic, and google or book according to the plan, but we already have a clear understanding of what we want and how to implement it.
This is a completely different level of approach to learning material, you already know a lot and think differently, while a beginner just has to learn to understand the meaning of code structure.
To understand what is a variable, scope, functions, loops, arrays, etc., that is, the very basics, just C gives a good understanding in this.
Few people will tell you smart basics on mql, but there is a material for self-study, there are courses on the web, you can get the bits and pieces together and then digest them in your head for a long time))
Why torture yourself? You set yourself a difficult task from the very beginning.
It's better to learn the basics, which is available to all with a lot of materials and is similar to mql, C, because then you will understand mql as if you had learned it))
Nobody has understood my point that there is no good training in mql!
That's why beginners are suffering, they do not know where to start.

I would like to quote Renat, not you, Sergei.
Everything is clearly written in my opinion.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

The book "MQL5: Advanced Use of the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform" appeared on Amazon and LitRes

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.08.06 03:01

Gentlemen, somehow you haven't quite grasped the clear economic message - there's no point in investing in a learning channel for hundreds of people when you have a learning channel for millions in your hands.

It's as simple as that.

In fact there is no sense for us to write books about basic language constructs as there are thousands of books on C/C++ similar languages published worldwide and we have the most detailed documentation in 10 languages. It only makes sense to write about applied features, which we do in documentation, articles, kodobase and forum.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Amazon and LitRes have published the book "MQL5 Programming Language: Advanced Use of the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform".

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.08.06 12:34

If you wanted to learn how to program, you would have done it long ago.

It has long been clear that programming is not for everyone and it is out of the question to try to teach everyone. It takes a certain mindset with a cast-iron ass for perseverance and patience to become a programmer. All the more reason to create decent competitive things, you need to be a good programmer.

In our case, we have relied precisely on providing a normal C++ compatible language to attract professional programmers who do not need to be explained basic programming principles (although they are well explained in our documentation). There are so many resources invested in basic programming principles all over the world that it makes no sense to make another copy.

Not to repeat that there is no point in accusing us of lacking training and information - we have created so much documentation and the accompanying knowledge base that few people are able to read it. A hundred times more important is how to get this information into the heads of people who have basically stopped absorbing it and who are unable to digest large amounts of data.

Repackaging and simplification does not solve the problem. That is, neither catalogues, nor rubrics, nor primers solve and cannot solve the problem of global learning for the masses. All at once this idea comes to mind (it should work in theory!), but it does not work in practice (the authors of the idea, of course, amuse themselves with self-deception in this respect).

Therefore, work on:

• so that the already trained programmers could get the most functionality(the MQL5 language will be wildly evolving)
  • beginners with good motivation and diligence must be able to achieve results by their own efforts.
  • Others may use freelancing, codobase and the market

Reason: