Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 274

feofan:

where do I start?!?! I've only just signed up

Set the field for everyone ;)

feofan:

where do I start?!?! I've only just signed up

Start by learning mql5 language. Do a search for "beginners" articles : https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=%D0%BD%D0%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8E%D1%89%D0%B8%D1%85&module=mql5_module_articles

C-4:
Thank you, I see.

i would rather go straight for the word "boblokos" to get into millionaires - so to speak to set the horizon))) in five years of persistent search may work out, while the signals from expert gurus are the latest achievement of mql5.com in forex trading - one with a tiny tip... and a million around him with a big spoon)) - so all brokerage companies will probably go bankrupt soon - so keep it up ... good luck

Does anyone use version control when developing in MQL? If yes, how did you solve the problem with MQL source folder? The thing is that in my development environment (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1) I have Metatrader 5 (Build 965) installed in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5 and all sources are located and compiled here %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\but in my environment (Windows Sever 2003 EE x32 SP2) the same Metatrader 5 (Build 965) is installed in %programfiles%\LiteForex MT5, but sources are placed in %appdata%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0DF37F59A46B215DB2AE3DCD96D0F055\MQL5. This is confusing, I don't understand where I should initialise the repository on the test loop. I assume this is a feature of the x32 version or the particular one taken from the broker site? How to change the location of the sources to the usual place, in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\?

jommerbot:
Does anyone use version control system when developing in MQL? If so, how have you solved the problem with MQL source code folder? The thing is that in my development environment (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1) I have Metatrader 5 (Build 965) installed in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5 and all sources are located and compiled here %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\but in my environment (Windows Sever 2003 EE x32 SP2) the same Metatrader 5 (Build 965) is installed in %programfiles%\LiteForex MT5, but sources are placed in %appdata%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0DF37F59A46B215DB2AE3DCD96D0F055\MQL5. This is confusing, I don't understand where I should initialise the repository on the test loop. I assume this is a feature of the x32 version or the particular one taken from the broker site? How to change the location of the sources to the usual place, in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\?

File operations

A group of functions for working with files.

For security reasons, the MQL5 language strictly controls operations with files. Files, with which file operations are performed using the MQL5 language, cannot be outside the file "sandbox".

There are two directories (with subdirectories), in which the working files can be located:

-terminal_data_folder\MQL5\FILES\(select menu item "File"-"Open Data Folder" to view it in the terminal);

-commonfolder of all terminals installed on the computer - usually located in directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files .

You can get the names of these directories programmatically using TerminalInfoString() function, using ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_STRING enumeration:

//--- Folder where terminal data is stored
string terminal_data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);
//--- Common folder of all client terminals
string common_data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_COMMONDATA_PATH);

Working with files from other directories is suppressed.

There is no problem with"terminal_data_path". All code is stored here, as well as the standard library. For version control and code storage, there is a "Storage"

barabashkakvn:

There is no problem with"terminal_data_path". This is where all the code is stored, as well as the standard library. For version management and code storage, there is a "repository".

Well, it's just that for me git is more familiar and convenient than subversion.

jommerbot:
Does anyone use version control when developing in MQL? If yes, how did you solve the problem with MQL source folder? The thing is that in my development environment (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1) I have Metatrader 5 (Build 965) installed in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5 and all sources are located and compiled here %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\but in my environment (Windows Sever 2003 EE x32 SP2) the same Metatrader 5 (Build 965) is installed in %programfiles%\LiteForex MT5, but sources are placed in %appdata%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0DF37F59A46B215DB2AE3DCD96D0F055\MQL5. This is confusing, I don't understand where I should initialise the repository on the test loop. I assume this is a feature of the x32 version or the particular one taken from the broker site? How can I change the location of sources to my usual place, in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\?
The MQL5 folder with sources is located at %appdata%. It has been in this location for quite a long time - all for the sake of Windows architecture.

Then why is it like this on one machine and different on the other? I transferred sources to %programfiles%\LiteForex MT5\MQL5, launch editor - they are not there (I have to copy them to %appdata%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0DF37F59A46B215DB2AE3DCD96D0F055\MQL5), but in Windows 7, if source code is placed in %programfiles%\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\ then everything is found and compiled.

jommerbot:
Why then is it like this on one machine and different on the other?
Maybe the Windows 7 terminal is not up to date? At the moment the latest version of MetaTrader is build 969. To update - download installation file and install it over the existing one, or you can do it like this:(How to open demo account on MetaQuotes-Demo server)
Reason: