Interesting and Humour - page 4861

Iurii Tokman:

How much and what kind of sand?

I've used super duper chamotte mixes
so crumbly and crumbly.

I match the clay, got a 1/3, the sand is regular river (fine). Does not crumble and does not crack. Cracks from the greasy mixture, loose from a poor mixture. Optimal to make the mixture a little poorer, after ignition it becomes like granite.

I don't use ready mixes, because they are unreliable, hard to work with and expensive. Clay can always be thrown, and after a week just add water and work on, it is not lost, and serves for decades.

How do you adjust?

Some people use a trowel to check that the mixture is not falling and sliding down

2 - they spread it on the brick and wait for it to dry, with different proportions

3 - they roll balls and throw them one metre away after they've dried

In the end, none of the methods worked for me
I came up with two sand, one clay, like a builder said to do it by eye

Iurii Tokman:

How do you adjust?

Some people use a trowel to check that the mixture is not falling and sliding down

2 - they spread it on the brick and wait for it to dry, with different proportions

3 - they roll balls and throw them one metre away after they've dried

In the end, none of the methods worked for me
came to the composition of two sand, one clay, like a builder told me to do it by eye

Make a 2-3 cm thick flatpan and expose to the sun. If there are cracks, add more sand, if there are no cracks, break it and check the strength, if you are satisfied, add a little more sand and you are ready, and if it crumbles badly, add clay.

P.S. All clay is different, so you have to match it to each one. I've had clay so poor that it's not workable in any way, and it looks beautiful, but it doesn't even stick.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Make a cake 2-3 cm thick and expose it to the sun. If there are cracks, add more sand, if there are no cracks, break it down and check its strength; if it suits you, add a little more sand and you're done; if it crumbles, add clay.

This is not a bad way to do it. Clay may be of different fatness, and you have to bring it to the right consistency. I like it. I have nothing to model).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Make a cake 2-3 cm thick and expose it to the sun. If there are cracks, add more sand, if there are no cracks, break it and check its strength, if you are satisfied, add a little more sand and you are ready.

P.S. Clay is all different, so that each needs to pick up. I got so poor clay that it is not suitable for work in any way, but it looks beautiful, but not even sticky.

+++++

Uladzimir Izerski:

It's not a bad way to go. The clay varies in fat content and you have to bring it to the right consistency. I appreciate it. I just do not have anything to mold).

There is still time ahead, I might find something :)

You guys are masters, I read it with interest, although there's nowhere to use it.

We have strata of blue clay coming to the surface along the coast. Some consider it medicinal :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There's still time ahead, you might find something :)

You don't have to work with clay, but it wouldn't hurt to know how to work with it.

You may have to make stoves soon)))

Uladzimir Izerski:

You don't have to work with clay, but it wouldn't hurt to know how to work with it.

You may have to make stoves soon)))

Now there is a trend towards eco-houses, people are thinking more and more about health and not particularly ready to drag plastic, OSB and other crap into the house. So clay still has potential.

Read a little bit for general information - it's interesting

Aleksei Stepanenko:

You guys are masters, I read it with interest, although there's nowhere to use it.

We have strata of blue clay coming to the surface along the coast. Some people consider it medicinal :)

We also consider it therapeutic.) It cleanses the skin.)

Reason: