Interesting and Humour - page 4731

Renat Akhtyamov:

You can repeat it all you want.

;)

If you have a 50% chance of choosing an answer that has 25%, and you name it, you are wrong.

If you say the answer is 25%, it is also wrong, because there is a 50% chance of getting to 25%.

But, if you accept the second 25% answer as illegitimate because it is secondary, then the answer is correct.

Renat Akhtyamov:

No, it's not.

The question is about the chances of a correct answer to any question at random.

Can't you read yet?

Are you confused with the formula signal again?

Реter Konow:
If you have a 50% chance of picking an answer that has 25%, and you name it, you're wrong.

If you say the answer is 25%, it is also wrong, because there is a 50% chance of hitting 25%.

But if you find the second 25% answer illegitimate, because it is secondary, then you are correct.

any question has a lot of answers, not necessarily 4

but there are only two ways to guess the right one - guess or don't guess.

Renat Akhtyamov:

any question has a lot of answers, not necessarily 4

but there are only two ways to guess the right one - guess or don't guess

An anecdote on the subject:

A blonde woman is stopped in the street and asked "what are the chances of meeting a dinosaur in the street?" She says, "50%. Either I will or I won't")))

The thing is, according to the rules of the game, answers cannot be duplicated, which means the answer is 50% wrong. Only 25%.
The question, after all, is asked in the context of a particular game.

Реter Konow:
An anecdote on the subject:

A blonde woman is stopped in the street and asked "what are the chances of meeting a dinosaur in the street?" She answers, "50%. Either I will or I won't")))

The thing is, according to the rules of the game, answers cannot be duplicated, which means the answer is 50% wrong. Only 25%.
The question, after all, is asked in the context of a particular game.
Well, then reread the question

Renat Akhtyamov:
Well, then reread the question.
25%. Reread it and think about it. The answer to ANY question in this game can only be correct with 25% probability, otherwise, the game itself breaks down.

When I answer, I am thinking about the rules of the game and you are looking at the answers. That's your mistake.
Don't look at the answers.

Реter Konow:
25%. Re-read and think about it. The answer to ANY question in this game can only be correct with 25% probability, otherwise, the game itself breaks down.

no, the answer always comes with a 50% probability

and in this game, it's either a prize or it's not.

I'm tired of arguing.

Good luck!

Interestingly, this is where the game breaks its rules, creating a logic trap. The only way out of it is to go back to the rules.

Alternative version of reasoning:

1. normally, for each question, the game gives 4 answers with 25% probability of correctness for each question.

2. however, in this particular case, the game gives one of the answers 66.6% probability (duplicating it at the expense of the other option), and the other two by 33.3%, and gives only 3 answers in total, not 4.

3. Since the answers are 3 (two out of four are one answer), the percentage distribution is quite different. In this case, the correct answers are not on the menu. And if there is no correct answer on the menu, there is no probability of answering correctly. Consequently, the correct answer is B: 0%.

No, an error in reasoning, but the result is the same.

Normally, 4 answers for 25% probability of correctness.

Here - 3 answers (two as one) with 33.3% probability of correctness for each.

Since 33.3% is not on the menu, the probability of answering correctly is 0%. That is, answer B.
Reason: