Economic calendar - page 4

Can I subscribe to the news when I work with another broker?

Manov:

It's OK. :) Put in a tick and the other terminal has a calendar too.... My bad. Sorry.

Thanks !!!

Where the tick should be put ?????

Renat:
The calendar from public sources, priority from there, access from mcl5 as well as new calendar functionality will be there too.

It's been two years, what problems are preventing the above from being implemented?

Interesting:

I'll join you on the subject of history.

I would also like to think about giving access to the calendar directly from MQL5 and not through the objects on the chart.

PS

I would like to tie the calendar to the strategy tester to analyze the effect of economic news history on the trading system and the market in general.

I agree, the news calendar is good, but studying the news influence on quotes without their history is impossible.

Some calendars, on websites, track this kind of thing, but I'm afraid no correlation can be built.

Karlson:
In some calendars, on websites, this is tracked, but I'm afraid no correlation can be built.
If you have a sufficiently long history (5-10 years, say) you can try. The calendar as it is, of course, is valuable, but for serious work and research from the FA position it is of little use. I am already silent about my old request for a list of public holidays.

A little off-topic on the subject of news.

I once heard a story about a trader who trades Nonfarm payrolls. Literally: studies the market for a month, then enters. 12 trades a year, 9-10 profitable...

I drew the Friday's chart for a couple of years with lines, but I couldn't find any information about where the market should go. I was comparing where these Fridays were in relation to the current trend, how it developed further...

And stuck to my opinion - not the price follows the news, but the news follows the price.

PS today's gap up. Yep, in Greece things got so much better, that someone urgently pushed the eu...

PS2 The story was not made by a trader, but by one of the market gurus.

Better or worse news and there is no way to predict the direction. We knock down stops and go with the trend...IMHO.I do not approve.

In Greece it will not get better.

At 1.2500 there was a great interest. We will know about it tomorrow.

I actually wanted to know how to attach the calendar to the platform. I had everything before, then cleaned the computer changed windows, put everything back, everything is fine but no calendar, can anyone help me set it up

RASTI007:
I wanted to know how to attach the calendar to the platform. I had everything before, then I cleaned the computer, changed windows, put everything back, everything is fine but the calendar is missing, can anyone help me set it up

Tools tab --> Calendar

Right-click to open the context menu and choose the settings.

Set the flags in the right places, remove the unnecessary.

But there is no calendar history, so restore all of the events in the past that you have accumulated on the chart will not work.

Urain:

Tools tab --> Calendar

Right-click to open the context menu and choose the settings.

Set the flags in the right places, remove the unnecessary.

But there is no calendar history, so it will not be possible to restore all the events in the past that you have accumulated on the chart.

This is the problem, or I can not find this tab"Tools" --> "Calendar" or do not know what else where this tab is located?

I tried everything with the right or left mouse button but it did not help me, i.e."Calendar" did not show up

Reason: