Errors, bugs, questions - page 2665

Stanislav Korotky:

Yes, let's listen to the developers. I have now taken advantage of this convenient hole. If they close it, I'll have to find other ways.

class A
{
  protected:
    int field;

public:
    A() { field = rand(); }
    A(const A &origin)
    {
      field = origin.field;
    }
};

class B: public A
{
  public:
    B(const A &origin):A(origin){}
    int getField(void) const
    {
      return field;
    }
};

void OnStart()
{
    A a;
    B b(a);
    Print(b.getField());
}

Sergey Dzyublik:

Gee ;-) This way doesn't "roll", because it requires changing the base class, which is in someone else's library. If you patch it, it's a lot of things - I was talking about these "ways", but it's not optimal in terms of support and distribution.

Stanislav Korotky:

Yes, let's listen to the developers. I have now taken advantage of this convenient hole. If they close it, I will have to find other ways.

I'm afraid it will ruin my projects too.

Stanislav Korotky:

Gee ;-) This way doesn't "roll", because it requires changing the base class, which is in someone else's library. If you patch it, then many things - I was talking about these "ways", but it's not optimal in terms of support and distribution.

Hmm, if the library doesn't provide a public setter and getter for this field, then who needs it? )) We should sort of make a facade for the library apparently.

Hello all!
Can you tell me how, where the desktop configuration is stored in MT4. Was reinstalling on a new laptop with Windows10. Probably hit some button with my mouse. Accidentally activated something with this touchpad just. Now every time I start up it shows a full screen graph. I bring it back to standard view, work, disconnect - next time it's all over again...
Been looking for some command like "remember configuration"!

Thank you!

I don't know about the function keys for MT4 at all... Only the graphic buttons.

Luscinia:
I don't know about the function keys for MT4 at all... Only the graphical buttons.
F11

Aleksey Mavrin:

Hmm, if the library didn't provide a public setter and getter for this field, does that mean someone needs it? )) You should kind of make a facade for the library.

Most likely, they just did it anyway, without bothering about scalability. This is in fact a standard library. ;-) In the absence of getters and with a massive private, the virtual methods are virtually useless (you won't be able to redefine them at all). Facade will not help here, only a patch or rewrite. By the way, is there any adaptation/extension of standard controls library? I'm not talking about completely different libraries.

Need to determine how much memory the EA eats up. Thought about various language constructs in the form of macros and other things. It doesn't work.
Reason: