Errors, bugs, questions - page 2382

Quantum_Logic:

I wonder if anyone else has this problem on the 1983 build? The multi-currency tester refuses to make coffee, seems to have turned into a single-currency tester. I'm trying to get bars for different symbols, but no matter which one I request, it returns the one that is set in the tester settings.

Here is a simple Expert Advisor, which I use to get an error.

I look at aBarsCHFJPY[0], aBarsEURUSD[0], aBarsUSDCHF[0] under debugging, and see that they are exactly the same (and which one depends on symbol selection in tester settings). Changing the tester date has no effect on anything. That said, the character properties seem to be correct. Rolled back to build 1966 - everything is ok there.

Update to 1985.

MT5 asked to update - sent penultimate build of MT5 to restart - terminal closed and won't start again, also manually. Windows 8.1 x64. Tried to run from a different profile - won't start.

Apparently MT5 has overcome some critical mass of material, since the number of entry level questions on MT5 on the forum has become (perceptibly) close to MT4.

There used to be a lot of questions about how to open an order, close a position and the like. Now we hardly ever come across them. This may hardly be interpreted as decline of interest in MT5.

fxsaber:

Apparently MT5 has overcome some critical mass of material, since the number of entry level questions on MT5 on the forum has become (perceptibly) close to MT4.

There used to be a lot of questions about how to open an order, close a position and the like. Now we hardly ever come across them. It may hardly be interpreted as a slump in interest towards MT5.

I think you had a hand in it to a large extent ))

Dear developers, is there any way to explain this problem?

It's quite a strange feeling to have someone from Vietnam or China burgling into your account (hopefully unsuccessfully) and you're wondering about security

Quantum_Logic:

I wonder if anyone else has this problem on the 1983 build? The multi-currency tester refuses to make coffee, seems to have turned into a single-currency tester. I'm trying to get bars for different symbols, but no matter which one I request, it returns the one that is set in the tester settings.

Here is a simple Expert Advisor that blocks an error.

I look at aBarsCHFJPY[0], aBarsEURUSD[0], aBarsUSDCHF[0] with debugging, and see that they are absolutely identical (and which one exactly depends on selecting a symbol in tester settings). Changing the tester date has no effect on anything. That said, the character properties seem to be correct. Rolled back to build 1966 - everything is ok there.

Already fixed it.

Is it possible to fix the KB so that when the sources are updated, the zip file with them is also automatically updated?

There is any indicator, for example the same OsMA, if installed on the chart, thenOnInit andOnDeinit work as they should, but if you install a copy, thenOnInit andOnDeinit do not work - silence. There are no problems in MT4 and everything works.

Question: is it necessary or is it a bug?

int OnInit()
 {
  Print("OnInit");
  return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
 }

//----------------------------
void OnDeinit(const int reason)
 {
   Print("OnDeinit");
 }
We are talking about the indicators in the subwindow.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There is any indicator, for example the same OsMA, if installed on the chart, thenOnInit andOnDeinit work as they should, but if you install a copy, thenOnInit andOnDeinit do not work - silence. There are no problems in MT4 and everything works.

Question: is it necessary or is it a bug?

When you set a copy, you only get a copy of buffers. Even OnCalculate does not count for the copy. Everything is correct.

The only thing is, you have to look at how it will react if there is a buffer change in the OnChartEvent.

Most likely all events on the first chart will affect the second.

I get an error

ERR_CHART_NO_REPLY

Chart does not respond

When trying to make a screenshot.

I don't know the resolution of the screenshot exactly, but it's very big something around 1000(width)by20000(height).

So my question is, what's the maximum resolution to take a screenshot?

I really need it for data analysis - the chart is drawn on the canvas, but I can't see it to the full extent.

Reason: