Reading indicator buffers set to chart - page 9

Alexander Bereznyak:

the indicator redraws not only the zero bar but also the history, the indicator is not just with zero value, but even with negative, because it cheats - I've seen them, and not just one

The indicator may not re-draw anything, but still be unavailable via iCustom. All this has been discussed in detail in the thread.

Well, write the way you know how. Generate events if you have the idea (this is very important) that it is worthwhile for you to generate these events. Process these events.

What do you expect from me?

ZS The topicstarter deleted his post - sorry.

Service Desk has given a solution for MT5

Support Team 2016.03.16 22:43

1.ChartIndicatorGet returns the indicator handle on the chart

2.CopyBuffer returns the requested indicator data from the received handle
For MT4 the question is open.

comp:

I.e. it's OK to buy an indicator from the Market, but you can't get its values programmatically. You can only look at it. Insert it into your Expert Advisor - bummer.

If we are talking about tick indicators or interactive indicators, then yes, it's a bummer.

Are there such indicators in the Market? Is there a real problem?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

If it's about tick indicators or interactive indicators again, then yes, bummer.

Are there any on the market?

There are.
Технический индикатор Spread Record Lite MT4
Технический индикатор Spread Record Lite MT4
  • Vasiliy Sokolov
  • www.mql5.com
Индикатор Spread Record МТ4 отображает спред для каждого ценового бара в виде двухцветной гистограммы. В качестве значений спреда запоминается три величины: Максимальный уровень спреда, достигнутый в течении бара (красная линия); Уровень...

comp:
Bingo.

Yep.

If you want to analyse historical spread values, use the Spread Record Standart MT4 version. It allows you to record the current spread in a file and load it back into the indicator when you restart.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Yep.

Don't make a fool out of me! You know what you mean.

comp:
Why are you making a fool of me! You have understood what was meant.

I get it.

But that doesn't make the example any less sucky.

Do you have a real (not theoretical) problem? Am I capable of understanding it?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Do you have a real (not theoretical) problem?

I started to write and then wondered about the meaning of the term 'real-world task'... Any indicator designs that everyone uses, is that a real task? - This is a rhetorical question.

Suppose there are several interactive indicators that change from movements on the chart of their objects - affect the calculations that depend on the time between ticks.

Have an EA that picks up the data of all the indicators from the chart and calculates the regression, trying to fit it to the price series.

I attach any number of indicators, each of them changes as I see necessary. The Expert Advisor doesn't care about the number of indicators, their input parameters, names, etc. It simply perceives them as a numerical series that can be obtained and applied by HR, giving me its characteristics.

comp:

Started to write and then wondered about the meaning of the term 'real-world task'... Are any indicator designs that everyone uses a real task? - rhetorical question.

Suppose there are several interactive indicators that change from movements on the chart of their objects - affect the calculations that depend on the time between ticks.

Have an EA that picks up the data of all the indicators from the chart and calculates the regression, trying to fit it to the price series.

I attach any number of indicators, each of them changes as I see necessary. The Expert Advisor doesn't care about the number of indicators, their input parameters, names, etc. It simply perceives them as a numerical series that can be obtained and applied by HR, giving me its characteristics.

That's it, I give up.

I agree, it will be handy.

Reason: