Errors, bugs, questions - page 1855

ArrayChar.mqh, ArrayDouble.mqh, ArrayFloat.mqh, ArrayInt.mqh, ArrayLong.mqh - this is a mockery for the current level of language development.
Yes, there was no other way before, but now we can do it normally and transfer the basic concept of C++ containers to MQL.

Sergey Dzyublik:
Yes, there was no other way before, but now you can do it normally and transfer the basic concept of C++ containers to MQL.
I doubt it. But I'm almost sure it's the way of crutches and rakes. Why don't you try it yourself?

Комбинатор:
I doubt it. But I have little doubt that it is the way of crutches and rakes. Why don't you try it yourself?

At this stage my field of work is not related to MQL as a programming language in general.
I just have not had a very good experience with CObject and standard containers.

In my personal opinion, the level of knowledge of the local "programming" community in the basics of algorithms and data structures is not very good, to put it mildly.
A possible reason is the positioning of MQL as a C++ language, but with the lack of containers as such, not to mention a decent level of support for them.
So, who has looked into the implementation and parsed howArrayString.mqh,ArrayObj.mqh,ArrayDouble.mqh, .... are made up. and when is it desirable to use which one?
Units.

And since many people don't venture beyond the ecosystem they've built - MQL,
they don't know anything about the advantages of using quality algorithms and data structures.

Sergey Dzyublik:

My current field of work is not related to MQL as a programming language in general.
I just have not had a very pleasant experience with CObject and standard containers.

In my personal opinion, the level of knowledge of the local "programming" community in the basics of algorithms and data structures is not very good, to put it mildly.
A possible reason is the positioning of MQL as a C++ language, but with the lack of containers as such, not to mention a decent level of support for them.
So, who has looked into the implementation and parsed howArrayString.mqh,ArrayObj.mqh,ArrayDouble.mqh, .... are made up. and when is it desirable to use which one?
Units.

And since many people don't venture beyond the ecosystem they've built - MQL,
they don't know anything about the benefits of working with quality algorithms and data structures.
If you are above the established ecosystem, your level of knowledge is "very", and you know all about the benefits of everything qualitative - welcome, create and describe qualitative algorithms and data structures, so as not to be unsupported. Otherwise - just a sound and suggestion to do what you would like to see here and use what you have created to someone who already does a lot of useful things, and without the "noise and dust" that you create.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

Combinator, 2017.04.13 22:33

template < typename T>
struct Struct
{
   void operator[] (int);
};

I often use similar constructs, but unfortunately it won't work in this case.

Sergey Dzyublik:

@fxsaber, I suggest you do something useful,
For example, as part of the study of templates in C++, translate the implementation of the most popular containers in MQL.
Because it's not convenient to use regular Typed Containers, and they are not that good in terms of performance.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Do I need global terminal variables of type string?

fxsaber, 2017.04.10 19:50

Here again terminological ignorance prevents me from making sense of what is being said.

Coolness is not pursued. The library is used by < 1%. Even more nifty will be used by < 1% of those using it. So it seems right that there should just be a base. And there it is. Already it was enough to easily write previously complex things. The code above is of such things.

First I'll use the thing I've written myself, then I'll publish it, if I feel that it may be useful to somebody else. If I don't use it myself, then it would be irresponsible of me to kill time for writing such things, first of all, to my family.

Standard libraries (except Math and Graphics) have never been necessary. Potentially handy and interesting solutions seen on this great blog, I recommend reading it.

Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Did the latest build of ME change the default encoding in newly created documents?

Andrey Dik:
Has the latest build of ME changed the default encoding in newly created documents?
Just created an EA in ME 1580: Win-1251 (ANSI)

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
I just created an EA in ME 1580: Win-1251 (ANSI)

How can I see the encoding?
I know that it has changed by changing the appearance of the text in a third-party editor, but I don't know how to tell which encoding it is.

Andrey Dik:

And how can I see the coding?
I found out that it has changed by changing the appearance of text in a third-party editor, but I do not know how to find out what coding.

I use AkelPad (included with Total Commander).

It shows the current encoding and can save to different ones.

Reason: