Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1942

Maksim Kalachev #:

I've read, only the indicator is set up as an indicator. But when I load the demo it appears in the EAs

What is meant by "demo version"?

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

What is meant by "demo version"?

The free version of the indicator

MatveySt #:
I don't quite understand you, I've just started studying, I start the indicator in the terminal from the navigator, all timeframes are in the popup. When on historical data profiling, it is drawn but when it gets to the end it disappears.

You have an intu symb in your code, you have to enter the name of the instrument there when the indicator in the pop-up panel in the input parameters is tapped. Do you do this?

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

You have an intu symb in your code, you have to enter the name of the instrument there when the indicator in the pop-up panel in the input parameters is tapped. Do you do that?

Yes, it displays a message Unknown symbol. 2022.04.05 15:11:06.971 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol GBPUSDrfd,M5

2022.04.05 14:57:37.297 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol EUR

2022.04.05 15:16:03.352 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol EURUSD

MatveySt #:

yes, displays message unknown symbol. 2022.04.05 15:11:06.971 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol GBPUSDrfd,M5

2022.04.05 14:57:37.297 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol EUR

2022.04.05 15:16:03.352 015 Symbol (GBPUSDrfd,M5) Alert: Unknown symbol EURUSD

Enter GBPUSDrfd in the input parameters . you must have additions to the clear symbol name. and try EURUSDrfd.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

enter GBPUSDrfd in the input parameters . apparently you have additions to the clear instrument name. and try EURUSDrfd.

Thanks a HUGE, Entered as you wrote, didn't help right away, then restarted my laptop and happily everything worked.Thanks!!!!

Maksim Kalachev #:

I've read, only the indicator is set up as an indicator. But when I load the demo it appears in the EAs

Don't post the same question in different forum threads.

I answered you there:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Bugs, bugs, questions

Artyom Trishkin, 2022.04.05 15:13

You have written it using old handlers.

You should use OnCalculate().

Artyom Trishkin #:

Don't post the same question in different forum threads.

I have answered you there:

Already reading it. Thank you!

Can I delete my correspondence with a person ? I want to close a chat with a user

makssub #:

Good afternoon.

Help with the code, maybe there are examples.
Task:

There are several open orders, with different lots, in different directions. One of them is buried with profit, let us assume 20. However, there is an open order with the negative profit, let us assume -55 with 0.05 lots. I want to close a part of a negative order by the amount of the profit of a positively closed order to decrease the drawdown.

I have tried to write this using the while operator, but it did not go well.

Thank you in advance.

You didn't write whether this is on the same instrument or different positions?
Reason: