Errors, bugs, questions - page 1320

Glinvit:

He's as quiet as a fish. And he refuses to write. Only the entry details are in the logbook.

Very strange. Grey rhomboid means only that you do not have sources (.mq4 file). And so, when you move to the chart, there should already be an entry... Check, probably, you have not checked "Auto-scroll", i.e. you have this record, but it is not visible at the top.

Glinvit:

Hi all.

I downloaded the indicator from the terminal library, it appeared in the catalogue, but it is marked with a grey rhomboid (all others are yellow). It doesn't start either by double-clicking, or by dragging it, or by using the "show on graph" command.

What is the problem? Can you give me a hint?

MT4 terminal

What is the name of indicator ? What build do you have? What OS and bit rate ?

Alexander:
What is the name of the indicator ? What build do you have ? What OS and bit rate ?

The checkbox is checked.

The indicator on the screenshot is blue (see above), MT4 version 4.0 Build 842, Win7, 64-bit

And I used to load Donchian channels before - everything was fine. It's loading. There are such files in directory:

Glinvit:

The checkbox is checked.

The indicator on the screenshot is highlighted in blue (see above), MT4 version 4.0 Build 842, Win7, 64bit

Can I have a link to this indicator, please.

Alexander:
Can I have a link to this indicator please.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10912?utm_campaign=MetaTrader+4+Terminal&utm_medium=special&utm_source=mt4terminal+codebase

it is in the library

Energy_Market_01
Energy_Market_01
  • votes: 13
  • Evgeni Inkov
  • www.mql5.com
Индикатор оценивает энергию рынка и показывает её направление

Glinvit:

The checkbox is checked.

The indicator on the screenshot is blue (see above), MT4 version 4.0 Build 842, Win7, 64-bit

And I used to load Donchian channels before - everything was fine. It's loading. There are such files in the directory:

In your explorer screenshot, the Energy_Market_v01.mq4 file is there, but the compiled Energy_Market_v01.ex4 file is not!

Right click on an indicator in the Navigator and select "Change". This will open the MetaEditor with the source mq4. Compile it manually and look at the compilation logs

Slawa:

Your explorer screenshot shows the Energy_Market_v01.mq4 file, but the compiled Energy_Market_v01.ex4 file does not!

Right click on an indicator in the Navigator and select "Change". This will open the MetaEditor with the source mq4. Compile it manually and look at the compilation logs

Thank you. I suspected that this may be the problem (since Donchian channel has such a file). But thought that not everyone should have it, since it was downloaded from a library. Ok. Now I'll try to compile ))

Slawa:

Your explorer screenshot shows the Energy_Market_v01.mq4 file, but the compiled Energy_Market_v01.ex4 file does not!

Right click on an indicator in the Navigator and select "Edit". This will open the MetaEditor with the source mq4. Compile it manually and see the compilation logs

No reaction ... as if the file was "empty" (no errors, no records, nothing ...)

A screenshot is attached

MetaEditor does not open.

Glinvit:

No reaction... as if the file was "empty" (no errors, no entries, nothing...)

Screenshot attached

MetaEditor does not open.

This is a compiled ex4 file, and you need an mq4 source! But, you can understand by the grey diamond that it is not in the folder with indicators.

Tapochun:
This is compiled ex4 file, and you need mq4 source! But, you can see from the grey rhomboid that it is not in the folder with indicators.

I'm confused. If you go to this directory, there are only the sources lying there... (except for the Doncian channel)

and no ex4 (see above screenshot of open directory).

And, as I understand it, I have to compile ex4 based on these sources in the directory.

How? Because it doesn't work from the navigator.

Reason: