Errors, bugs, questions - page 1169

Please explain the following situation. I have a multi-currency indicator, the values of which do not change depending on which chart it is attached to - it calculates the values for the specified instruments and is not connected with the current window. I manually draw support and resistance lines on this indicator. Now the trick: if I drag another tool from the market overview into the window, the appearance of the indicator remains the same and lines disappear. If you open the Object List dialog box, those objects are still listed there. The endpoints values (dates and values) remain the same (i.e. they should be visible in the same places) - it's understandable, they have not been changed. However, the lines are not visible. If you then drag the former tool that was originally there onto the window, the lines become visible again. What is the problem?

marketeer:
Please explain the following situation. I have a multi-currency indicator, the values of which do not change depending on which chart it is attached to - it calculates the values for the specified instruments and is not connected with the current window. I manually draw support and resistance lines on this indicator. Now the trick: if I drag another tool from the market overview into the window, the appearance of the indicator remains the same and lines disappear. If you open the Object List dialog box, those objects are still listed there. The endpoints values (dates and values) remain the same (i.e. they should be visible in the same places) - it's understandable, they have not been changed. However, the lines are not visible. If you then drag the former tool that was originally there onto the window, the lines become visible again. What is the problem?
Maybe a difference in tool prices? The lines are attached to the time/price coordinates. Time remains, but price changes. If the line on EURUSD is attached to 1.35, then where can you see it on USDJPY, where the price is 101.35?

artmedia70:
Maybe a difference in instrument prices? The lines are linked to time/price coordinates. The time remains, but the price changes. If the line on EURUSD is attached to 1.35, then where do you see it on USDJPY, where the price is 101.35?
The lines are in the indicator window. The values of the indicator are constant. I wrote about it.

marketeer:
Lines are in the indicator window. The indicator values are constant. I wrote about it.

Another addition. If in the window with the new tool, when the line objects are not visible, open the Object List, there select any of the "hidden" lines, press the Properties button, and in the properties dialog box that opens click OK (without changing anything), then the line becomes visible. If you then drag the old tool into the chart, this "resaved" line disappears in turn (although lines whose properties I did not re-save appear). For this "resaved" line to reappear in the chart, you need to open its properties again and click OK.

marketeer:

Another addition. If in the window with the new tool, when the line objects are not visible, open the Object List, there select any of the "hidden" lines, press the Properties button, and in the properties dialog box that opens click OK (without changing anything), then the line becomes visible. If you then drag the old tool into the chart, this "resaved" line disappears in turn (although lines whose properties I did not re-save appear). For this "resaved" line to reappear on the chart, you must reopen its properties and click OK.

Write to Service Desk.

marketeer:
OBJ_LABEL does not seem to support UNICODE in MT4? I changed the value both programmatically and from the dialog of Label properties: the symbol is inserted and displayed correctly in the dialog itself, but a question mark (?) appears on a chart. The font is unicode, and in the dialogue of Label properties it is correctly selected in the drop-down list with fonts.

Got a reply from the SR. I'm copying it here in case anyone else has this problem.

Although in MQL4 the strings are unicode, in the terminal the strings are still ansi.

This is about MT4, but it is, IMHO, a modern enough (and frequently updated) product to expect full unicode support. Turns out it doesn't.

Is there any MQL4 Wizard, the analogue of MQL5 Wizard for generation of Expert Advisors, planned or existing somewhere? I am aware of the availability of third-party software. I am interested in the MQ's internal tools.

Build 670, do not work:

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_PRICE_SCALE,false);
ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_DATE_SCALE,false);

A simple question: why is it that when a new symbol is drawn on a chart, all the indices are saved but the scripts are deleted? What is the rationale behind that? IMHO, inconvenient and illogical. It's understandable that the script can do some background work, but you can ask the user a question to resolve this ambiguity. And the terminal does ask the question, but this question ("delete script?") refers to a situation where one script replaces another. In the case of changing the symbol on the chart, the question would be "Do I keep the script?

marketeer:
A simple question: why is it that when a new symbol is drawn on a chart, all the indices are saved but the scripts are deleted? What is the reason for that? IMHO, it is inconvenient and illogical. It's understandable that the script can do some background work, but you can ask the user a question to resolve this ambiguity. And the terminal does ask the question, but this question ("delete script?") refers to a situation where one script replaces another. And for the case of changing the symbol on the chart, you would need to ask "Do I keep the script?".

A script is a one-off program that is executed once.

For cyclic actions, use Expert Advisors

Reason: