[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 440

krutishc:
Very trivial question. i place a pending order, check expiry time, set the required time, but when the time runs out and the order is not opened it is not deleted. what am i doing wrong?

If there are no conditions to open an order, it won't open. And at the right time, it will simply be deleted... There is something wrong with your expirationTime....

expiration time - expiration time of the pending order. In seconds after 00:00 1 January 1970.

krutishc:
Very trivial question. I put a pending order, tick the expiry time box, enter the required time, but when the time passes and the order is not opened it is not deleted.
You should check specification of contracts. It is quite possible that GTC pending orders are not supported.

Pacman:

I don't understand how exactly the number 10, 11, 12, ...,19 is obtained.

In the program, the loop statement starts with 20, and 1 to 9.?

i goes through the tens, stopping at the one you are looking for, and j goes through the ones, stopping at the one you are looking for, too. And it adds up, and you do the column or in your head.

А 20? Try 10 and see what happens!

Good afternoon !

there are two questions:

1. For some reason the terminal deletes graphical objects when switching timeframes or when closing and opening the terminal.

2. I have installed the "Period Converter" script. It is deleted from the chart when closing and opening the terminal.

Do I have to install the script each time I start the terminal? Can I change something in the settings ?

Or maybe you advise to use converter as an indicator ?

When testing in the tester a critical error OnTick() zero divide by 0.

How to find this place in a large EA? Is it possible to use notepad?

Dimka-novitsek:
When testing in the tester a critical error OnTick() zero divide by 0.

How to find this place in a large EA? Is it possible to use notepad?

You can put Print(....) in any suspicious places. And then look in the log.

Good day!

I am currently developing an EA. I have come across a strange phenomenon. My EA for XXXXXX (e.g. EURUSD) works without problems if the code is written correctly. Looking at my brokerage company, I've found XXXXXX.5 symbols (e.g. EURUSD.5), which gives me some opportunities for manipulation.

What's the problem - testing of strategy goes on instruments without problems regardless of other equal conditions, but the EA only works on the XXXXXX instrument. For symbol XXXXXX.5 it's clear that the algorithm is being executed (you can see it in the log and comments during execution) but the EA does not open a position. If you set a constraint on manual confirmation of the trade, everything is working normally. What is the reason for this?

Please tell me what is the error and what to do? 2012.10.18 14:11:13 TestGenerator: write file error

yosuf:
Please tell me what is the error and what to do? 2012.10.18 14:11:13 TestGenerator: write file error

Error while writing the file. Correct the code.

I compile an indicator and it gives an error ')'. - unbalanced right parenthesis - what could be the reason?
Reason: