Wishes for MT5 - page 101

MetaDriver:

Dima. I've been smoking... Why don't you write a complaint to Service Desk? There are grounds in principle. The problem is purely practical, real, and, most importantly, solvable on the developer's side.

Ideological rationale: an indicator that has enum-type in its instants obviously stores the string names of enum values (to output them in the settings window). This gives some hope that stringo will depart from "strict writing" rules and will do what you want, because the necessary meta-information (the possible enum values) in linked indicator are already there and you are not asking to add anything dangerous to the code.

Anyway, try it.

// Don't forget to report about the results. :)

It is unlikely, you will have to move a lot of things.

I have invented a solution with IndicatorParameters(). The indicator is attached to the chart, the user makes the necessary settings, runs the script, enters the indicator name, we obtain the indicator handle by its name (using ChartIndicatorGet()), the list of all parameters and values by IndicatorParameters().

Yurich:
It won't return the names, but they are known, and the values can be easily searched with .... by hand :)

Yyyy... And how do we know which value corresponds to which name? Well, if visually the indicator with different enumerated values on the input is very/obviously different. And if not? In general, the problem looks like a password matching, only instead of a clear "fits / doesn't fit" we have in the output "well-maybe-something-similar-similar-something-something...".

:)

Integer:

It's unlikely, you'll have to move a lot of things around.

I have come up with a solution with IndicatorParametrs(). The indicator is attached to the chart, the user makes the necessary settings, runs the script, enters the indicator name, get the indicator handle by its name (the int ChartIndicatorGet() function), and the list of all parameters and values by IndicatorParameters() function.

Holy shit... :))) No, well, write your application, and attach this variant as a proof of problem solvability. :)

// This variant reminds me of flying over the globe to look at your interlocutor's back. I can't help but marvel... How far the progress has gone...!

MetaDriver:

Uh... And how do we know which value corresponds to which name?

Integer has already answered.

Yurich:
Integer has already replied.
Yeah, I've already applauded it. ;)

While looking for a topic - let's organise a quick search for thoughts

Found theu, but forgot the main question, I think after posting it will come, especially today alone and in the dark without an alarm

Broadcast global variables from MT5 to the open terminal in the "Global Variables" window of MT4 . Or has there already been such a suggestion?

... common scope of global variables of mt4 and mt5 terminals I want :D

papaklass:

Proposal:

On the toolbar make objects showing the work of the sessions (Azmata, European, American)

and there are also Brazilian, Russian and a bunch of other sessions (the terminal is planned stock exchange), so I think it's unlikely.

notused:
And there are also Brazilian, Russian and a bunch of other sessions (the terminal is planned to be stock exchange), so I think it's unlikely.
And let them all do it, and it's up to the user what he chooses and transfers to the panel, like other instruments and timeframes.

I have a wish not exactly for MT5, but rather for MetaQuotes.

Is it possible for MetaQuotes to develop not only exchange software?

It is not necessary to change the main field of activity. You can also deal with metatrader development and support. And you can also develop, for example, poker software. Why? Poker is a very big industry, too. MetaQuotes could become the first poker room that allows you to write poker robots (also in a special built-in application programming language). Hold competitions between robots and regular humans, etc. That would be of interest to a fair number of people.

Probably not many people are interested in it here. But still, is there a department in the company that keeps track of interesting activities? Or is it impossible that MetaQuotes does something else?

Very interesting.

Reason: