Shownticks indicator - Help to modify! - page 2

maybe im doing some stupid mistake with the EX4 file? Should the old one be kept in the indicator folder? Thanks for the excellent replies so far!

daujones:
I aleady understand exactly what you are explaining here. The indicator does not react to GapVal settings...

As you can see on those two pictures it does react on GapVal settings and all is working as it should

happy trading

mladen:
As you can see on those two pictures it does react on GapVal settings and all is working as it should happy trading

OK, I´m doing something wrong or its my MT4...

Thank you sir, have a great trading day.

daujones:
OK, I´m doing something wrong or its my MT4... Thank you sir, have a great trading day.

Use it on lower time frames (since those are pips) and you shall see the difference. For higher time frames you have to adjust that parameter to different values (same for JPY or indices_

I only use XAUUSD, 5M

Alright, finally realized that in XAUUSD 5M i have to use much higher values than we spoke about, then i start to see some reaction. I guess gold is special in this case.

daujones:
Alright, finally realized that in XAUUSD 5M i have to use much higher values than we spoke about, then i start to see some reaction. I guess gold is special in this case.

You will have to adjust that parameter for almost ever symbol : that is the problem with indicators that are monitoring a change in some sort of absolute difference value and not in % or something similar

mladen:
You will have to adjust that parameter for almost ever symbol : that is the problem with indicators that are monitoring a change in some sort of absolute difference value and not in % or something similar

I see. Thanks for help

Reason: