MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 14

KENT3004:
Humour appreciated ! Relevantly, how do you get the characters back into the tester ? Similar disappearances and hang-ups are confirmed by several users on other forums.
Try drag'n'drop from the market overview into the tester window

Immediately after the normal pass, ticked the visualisation box and started.
2019.10.14 10:35:36.723 Core 1  non-visual agent started on 127.0.0.1:3000 to be stopped now
2019.10.14 10:35:36.723 Core 1  connecting to 127.0.0.1:3000
2019.10.14 10:35:36.724 Core 1  connected
2019.10.14 10:35:36.724 Core 1  disconnected
2019.10.14 10:35:36.724 Core 1  connection closed
2019.10.14 10:35:37.775 Core 1  failed to send close command
2019.10.14 10:35:48.286 Core 1  visual agent to be started on 127.0.0.1:3001
2019.10.14 10:35:48.287 Core 1  agent process started on 127.0.0.1:3001
2019.10.14 10:35:48.287 Core 1  connecting to 127.0.0.1:3001
2019.10.14 10:35:48.337 Core 1  failed to send stop command
2019.10.14 10:35:48.337 Core 1  connection closed

The visualisation has never been activated before (since the start of the terminal).

Pressing Start again worked fine.

fxsaber:
Immediately after the normal pass, ticked the visualisation box and started.

The visualisation has never been activated before (since the start of the terminal).

Pressing Start again worked fine.

The local agent process lives 5 minutes after the last run (this does not apply to agents in visual mode)

In your case, for some reason the local agent running in normal mode failed to restart in visualisation mode

Let's try to reproduce it in our own environment.

KENT3004:
Humour appreciated ! Relevantly, how do you get the characters back into the tester ? Similar disappearances and hang-ups are confirmed by several users on other forums.

Maximum problems, in my opinion, are from incorrect UAC settings.

Slava:

The local agent process lasts 5 minutes after the last launch (this does not apply to agents in visual mode)

In your case, for some reason the local agent running in normal mode failed to restart in visual mode

Let's try to reproduce it in our place.

Not after a normal pass, but after optimization !
Alexey Viktorov:

Most of the problems, in my opinion, are from incorrect UAC settings.

What does UAC have to do with it if the old version worked fine. Or are you suggesting to disable UAC altogether ?

Slava:
Try to drag'n'drop from market overview into tester window

Could you be more specific on how to do it ?

KENT3004:

What has UAC got to do with it when the old version worked fine. Or are you suggesting to disable UAC altogether?

I have all terminals on my D: drive and have never encountered a problem. In this case UAC will really have nothing to do with it. But if you put the terminal in the default path, expect problems. And that's because of the UAC.

I encountered a situation where recompiling the EA reset the input parameters in the Tester to those in the source. I can't reproduce it.

Alexey Viktorov:

I have all terminals put on my D: drive, and have never encountered any problems. In this case UAC would really have nothing to do with it. But if the terminal is put in default path, expect problems. And it's because of the UAC.

Both default and portable modes are official and both are described in the terminal's help. And they should both work without problems. I always use portable mode for all my terminals - no errors related to working folders location where I need exactly, not in "ksehrntvq2835l374927knegjsweu7", and no failures in many years.

So the conclusion is that everyone uses it the way he wants (I, as a developer, am very uncomfortable with the "default" mode). And as it seems and seems right to the user, so he uses the location of folders he needs. But both modes are equally official, and equally have a right to be.

All the other scaremongering is more likely to be due to "bad hands".

KENT3004:
Not after a normal pass, but after optimisation !

What difference does it make? After optimisation, it lives for 5 minutes too.

Can you tell me more about how to do this?

Left-click on the required tool in the market overview and drag it with the mouse to the tester window

Artyom Trishkin:

Both default and portable modes are official and both are described in the terminal's help. And they should both work without problems. I always use portable mode for all my terminals - no errors related to working folders location where I need exactly, not in "ksehrntvq2835l374927knegjsweu7", and no failures in many years.

So the conclusion is that everyone uses it the way he wants (I, as a developer, am very uncomfortable with the "default" mode). And as it seems and seems right to the user, so he uses the location of folders he needs. But both modes are equally official, and equally have a right to be.

All other scaremongering is more likely to be from "bad hands".

I certainly agree with you. But the developers of the terminal can't suspect what nastiness windows of any number will throw up next time. But here's how many times I've read on this forum about problems, the terminal has always been set to the default path. For me personally the conclusion is obvious.

Reason: