Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 9

Renat Fatkhullin:
  • MQL4 and MQL5 are absolutely the same in complexity

It's really funny to listen to statements about the simplicity of MQL4, when the complexity of MQL5 is exactly the same. IT'S FUNNY TO HEAR MQL4 AND MQL5 HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME COMPLEXITY.

Or we have to admit that a couple of additional parameters is a universal problem for a programmer. No, of course not. This is a beautiful legend for those who stomp on the old stuff.

But people vote on what's harder for them.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/187775

Maybe you, with your programming experience of about 30 years, everything already seems simple. but simple human beings see 5 as more complicated.

-------------------------------------

CD salesmen stop understanding their clients with time. because they understand music well and only listen to good music, people want pop.
The salespeople have problems because when they buy CDs they choose what they like.

Maybe you do too, you no longer understand your users.
With 10 years' experience in programming, you think everything is simple, and you think it will be simple for your users too.

Also as a joke - on our MetaQuotes-Demo in 10 months:

• 5.7 million trading accounts
  • 3.8 million open positions recalculated on real-time basis
  • 10k traders online.
  • 4,200 trading symbols

MOEX reported only 2 million client accounts. And that's with no streaming chart history and no trading history, just trade servicing.

Our single MetaTrader 5 cluster on a rather weak hardware environment serves many times that amount of data. By the current build, MetaTrader 5 has become an exchange core system through implementation of an aggregation and matching engine.

Hence the advice to brokers - you could have consolidated a lot of MT4 servers into one MT5 a long time ago and saved a lot of money if you stopped listening to your tech guys and forums.

multiplicator:

But people vote on what's harder for them.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/187775

Maybe you, with 30 years of programming experience, already think everything is simple, but simple human beings see 5 as more complicated.

Reread my big answer and don't compare my opinion, experience and time spent on MQL2/MQL4/MQL5 development with forum games.

We have a dozen people frolicking around here who I've made my point quite clearly.

They have one last card left that they are trying to spin.

Programming is the destiny of professional developers. And here they decided to arrange a vote once again.

Renat Fatkhullin:
  • Less than 2% of users use the code editor.

Unexpectedly. Why such a tiny percentage? Does it turn out that the whole mass of educational material is intended for a miserable audience? I mean a purely untrained audience who learn to program something relying on the resource materials.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Programming is the domain of professional developers.

this was not the case with mql4.

i don't think this is the right company policy.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Unexpectedly. Why such a negligible percentage? So, it turns out that the whole mass of educational material is intended for a meager audience? I mean an untrained audience that learns to write Expert Advisors/indicators based on this resource.

That's the difference between your awareness and mine.

You say such things in relation to both the language and the reasons for this or that process that it gives me the creeps.

I have daily statistics on hand. It's been 14 years since we launched www.mql4.com and started training and developing a community of traders en masse. I opened the first public MetaQuotes forum for communication with traders in 2001, where I myself lead a huge number of discussions. Yes, 18 years of public communication and experience.

In any niche community, no more than 1-3% are active/working people, and the number of public speakers is many times less. The rest of the mass consumes the content created.

If I say that "the process is only driven by a small proportion of active fairly trained developers", then it is so. They quietly and quietly create solutions and do not engage in public activity. They blatantly laugh at us with nonsense about the complexity/different languages. They want more features and functionality. On the contrary, they think we don't do enough.

You may not like my conclusions, but they are accurate and real. And I have been repeating them publicly for many years.

Once again:

1. The complexity of languages is the same. A couple of calls or additional parameters is not complexity but programming routine.
  2. Products are created by (semi-)professional developers and then massively consumed.

Since in the heat of discussion many don't bother with facts, here are the statistics of oopensor solutions in kodobase:

• MQL5: 6 700 programs
  • MQL4: 4 200 programs
Yes, unexpectedly, MQL5 has more than 50% more code base.

multiplicator:

It has never happened with mql4.

I don't think this is the right company policy.

I think, in this part, the right one. Well, you see, to write something intelligible for a beginner in programming, it takes at least 2 years to learn programming. Most of them will give it up anyway.

A beginner can still somehow write an indicator. A really working ATS - imho, this is impossible.

multiplicator:

This was not the case with mql4.

I don't think this is the right company policy.

This is a universal reality, not a company policy.

If you think there is a way to massively train untrained people to program at a (semi-)professional level, that is fabulous nonsense.

Say that "there is a way to make physicists out of untrained people", you will just be laughed at and have your finger twiddled.

But when it comes to programming, suddenly everything changes and people start to believe in the possibility.

Apparently, it is influenced by the fact that the entire IT sector worldwide lives in a kind of reality under the influence of the mega-priar "anything is possible here".

Renat Fatkhullin:

That's the difference between your awareness and mine.

You say such things in relation to both the language and the reasons for this or that process that one is taken aback.

You may not like my conclusions, but they are accurate and real. And I've been repeating them publicly for years.

Once again:

1. The complexity of languages is the same. ...

Your conclusions are not in doubt, your comments are specifically tracked and taken into account. But all the same, there is very little such information. Hence the fallacies.

As for "complexity of languages" -- for me personally the complexity is the same -- but from the point of view of those who try to write a slant/curve EA/indicator by themselves -- they relentlessly talk about complexity of MQL5.

Therefore, I assumed that the talk about the complexity of the language arises from the simplified language used for explanations and answers for newbies on the forum - this was not the case with MQL4. Simplified language presentation inevitably leads to a decrease in its understanding.

But it does not matter. Your stats were really unexpected.

Renat Fatkhullin:

... They blatantly laugh at us with nonsense about the complexity/difference of languages. ...

The mql4 and mql5 are different languages as you said two and a half months ago:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Services. Already working?

Renat Fatkhullin, 2018.12.18 10:11

The compiler of the two languages is the same, but the functionality and features of the languages are different.

Reason: