Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 12

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

If it's coolly done, it's worth the money )

We may have a very different idea of beauty).
I thought you have already implemented it through sockets? Imho, that would be the best.
The link for MT4 is already implemented on the Internet. I do not understand the 5 - I think so too. I did not get into details, but if this solution really works, you may redesign it for MT5 by yourself.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
We may have a very different idea of beauty).
Didn't you already implement sockets? Imho, that's the best.
There is already a link for MT4 on the web. I don't understand about 5 - I think so too. I have not got into details, but if this solution really works, you may try to modify it for MT5.

Yes, I understand, anyway the native one is better, you have to watch the sockets and the logic is more cumbersome.

For example, if you run several copies, it becomes a mess

but in other words, you may just copy Python code fragments directly into the Expert Advisor's code and that's it

but if I copy R, it's ok, but if I redo it, it makes no difference at all

Nikolai Semko:

Did you know that MQL5 is only 10% slower than C++, the language that Windows is actually written in?

Yeah, so is 4. Once I ported lwma and BB computations from 4 to dll for fun (I was playing with TDI) and got exactly the same ~10% performance gain. Both compilers are very decent.

Wine kernel is written in simple sys, without classes, by the way. The cheduler is written in asm. vtable has a noticeable effect on performance in system cases.

Renat Fatkhullin:

I want to bring you closer to reality given the discussions of the thread What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions):

Progress is unstoppable

That's all great, but there are needs and ways to implement them. Who needs to quickly write an indicator or check the manual strategy - that's 4. Who needs to get high on ticks - that is 5.

Regarding the speed of the trading part for the user-trader - very ambiguous. The difference is not perceptible. However, 5 is aggressive to traffic. Observation: music is playing on laptop, at startup 5 music starts stuttering (network interruptions load, of course), after establishing connection and downloading missed data stuttering goes away. In 4 there is no such thing. So sorry, but 4 lighter than 5 will be both the CPU and the network.

SeriousRacoon:

This is all great, but there are needs and ways of realising them. If you need a quick way to write an indicator or test a manual strategy, that's 4. If you need to get high on ticks, there is 5.

As for the speed of the trading part, it is very ambiguous for a user-trader. The difference is not perceptible. However, 5 is aggressive to traffic. An observation: playing music on laptop, at startup 5 music starts stuttering (network interruptions load, of course), after establishing connection and downloading missing data stuttering disappears. In 4 there is no such thing. So sorry, but 4 lighter than 5 will be both the CPU and the network.

If ticks are not busy, there is a load on the network and computer, but after that there shouldn't be any differences.

BillionerClub:

If the ticks are not loaded, there is a load on the network and computer, but afterwards, there shouldn't be much difference.

Well, it is, in general - almost. Even according to the odometer built into the MT, the Five eats significantly more traffic per session. There are situations where this becomes a factor (lack of fast mobile net, for example).

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Here you go, it was on Wednesday, not Thursday, my mistake. File E:\Forex\School\MT5_Develope\Tester\logs\20190206.log. In the last run of17:11:24.609, pressed Stop manually as the loading bar froze at 2/3.

And then ran again tonight with the same date, all went fine.

FS 0 15:03:52.064 Tester EURCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history started

LJ 0 15:12:17.498 Tester EURCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history stopped due to timeout

KF 3 15:12:17.498 Tester EURCHF: no history data from 2015.01.14 00:00 to 2015.01.16 00:00

FP 0 17:10:20.094 Tester EURCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history started

IM 0 17:11:16.189 Tester EURCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history stopped due to timeout

MI 3 17:11:16.189 Tester EURCHF: no history data from 2015.01.15 00:00 to 2015.01.16 00:00

EQ 0 17:11:24.609 Tester USDCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history started

NN 0 17:11:30.848 Tester USDCHF: 72% of history downloaded

EI 0 17:14:29.708 Tester USDCHF: preliminary downloading of M1 history canceled

FN 3 17:14:29.708 Tester stopped by user

Press start again and stop talking about how replacing one click is a thousand times more complicated.

SeriousRacoon:

This is all great, but there are needs and ways of realising them. If you need a quick way to write an indicator or test a manual strategy, that's 4. Who needs to get high on ticks - that's 5.

As for the speed of the trading part, it is very ambiguous for a user-trader. The difference is not perceptible. However, 5 is aggressive to traffic. An observation: playing music on laptop, at startup 5 music starts stuttering (network interruptions load, obviously), after establishing connection and downloading missing data stuttering disappears. In 4 there is no such thing. So sorry, but 4 lighter than 5 will be both the CPU and the network.

Another set of self-deception.

The speed of MQL4 code is the same as in MQL5, while rewriting from MQL4 to DLL gives 10% speed increase.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Another set of self-delusions.

For you, the speed of MQL4 code is the same as in MQL5, rewriting from MQL4 to DLL gives 10% increase, for you "the speed of the trading part is ambiguous".

This is a "reality given to us by experience". And rewriting from 4 to dll is also a metric.

The speed is really ambiguous, because at (re)connect the system stutters, and after that 5 for forex is indistinguishable from 4 (although every newscaster tells us that "everything was rewritten from scratch", but charting hasn't been improved for 15-20 years).

SeriousRacoon:

This is 'reality given to us by feeling'. And rewriting from 4 to dll is also metering.

The speed is indeed ambiguous, as the system stutters when (re)connecting, and after that 5 for forex is indistinguishable from 4 (although we are told by every newscaster that "everything was rewritten from scratch", but charting has not been improved in 15-20 years).

I've got the proof on my hands as a developer, and you've got the feel of a laptop with stuttering sound.

Upgrade your laptop and don't mislead people with tales of simplicity.

Reason: