Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 4

multiplicator:
is an excavator needed everywhere?

Take another comparison. A slam dunk and a punching machine. What do you have at home? Or what would you prefer to use when needed... Personally, I've had to use a flatbore. At the time, even a hammer drill was a rarity because it was so expensive. But when it became available, it turned out to be such a nuisance... ...it was disgusting to handle.

Nikolai Semko:
No, of course not.
In the sandbox, a shovel will do the trick.

will you be planting a tree with a backhoe? ))

Nikolai Semko:

does the result of trading depend on the complexity of the programming language?

multiplicator:

will you be planting a tree with an excavator? ))

They do that a lot. They also dig graves with an excavator.

Alexey Viktorov:

They do that a lot. They also dig graves with an excavator.

Interesting association.))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

But archaeologists prefer a shovel

Nikolai Semko:
And builders an excavator

And traders an MT4! )))

Those who can't make money on a 4 think they can on a 5. Well, well.

Progres, to make money or to moonlight, are more interested in 5, there is less competition.

multiplicator

:

will you be planting a tree with an excavator? ))

that's what an excavator is for:

try replanting such a tree with a shovel...

multiplicator:

the results of trading depend on the complexity of the programming language?

The results of algotrading depend on the brains of the developer of the trading system, on reliable fast hardware and connections and on the quality and speed of the tools on which the system is built, which are MT4 and MT5, but MT5 is much faster and has many more features.

No, if your system is built on a crossover, then MT4 is a good option too. There will be no difference with MT5.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

Those who can't make money on a 4 think they can on a 5. Well, well.

Progres, for earning or moonlighting, are more interested in 5, there is less competition.

multiplicator:

And MT4 traders! )))

Apparently, the users (demand) on MT4 would be really bigger.

In Market:

For MT5 - 114 pages, 30 products each,

For MT4 - 381 pages.

I must say, I don't see a big difference between MT4 and MT5, but I also see no reason to switch to another market without special necessity).

multiplicator:

Does the result of trading depend on the complexity of the programming language?

What makes you think MT5 is more complicated.
I have written in both languages. In fact I consider them to be similar languages in terms of complexity.
I just get the illusion that MT5 is more difficult because of the greater range of features and functions.

When I'm asked to write something in MQL4 I always try to change my mind to do it in MT5, because I know from experience that it will take less time and be more useful.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Apparently, there will indeed be more users (demand) for MT4.

In the Marketplace:

For MT5 - 114 pp, 30 products each,

For MT4 - 381 pages.

I must say, I do not see a big difference between MT4 and MT5, but I also see no reason to go somewhere else without a special need).

There are 30 products on each one,

For MT5 - 114 pages. Of them paid -36 pages, there are rent -19 pages. 53%. The rest is rubbish -95 pp.

For MT4 - 381 pp. of which paid -111 pp, there is rent -62 pp. 56%. The rest is rubbish -319 p.

Reason: