Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 6

Nikolai Semko:

One more time.

If you use simple systems, based on different crosses, breakdowns of levels (and so on) with simple built-in indicators, then MT4 is a very good platform, it really does not make much sense to go to MT5.
But if you have already played with those toys and grown to the realization that it's all kindergarten, and you want something more serious, going into the field of AI, then MT5 is really perceived as an excavator compared to a shovel.

I hear what you're saying, Nikolai. But you and some others assure those who have not yet mastered the shovel of the excavator's advantages. I'm not going to offend anyone, but the majority of traders are over the moon with mt4. I am not going to offend anyone, but for the majority of traders mt4 is more than enough. They will not trade better because of it. A person who wants to get to another level will not ask questions about the meaning of the transition. To make it even clearer, I have created programs for myself, but mt5 is of no use to me.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Because you don't understand anything about this MO and can only cling like monkeys to libraries with absolutely no understanding of what they are doing.

Don't judge people by yourself)). You go to school, you don't know the school curriculum either. Found out earlier).

"Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5?"

It all depends on your objectives: "Who are you and what do you want?"

So, on this basis, you select the appropriate tool for your tasks (MT4 or MT5 platform, python, C++, C#, R, MATLAB, etc.).

For example, you like to write software for traders on this site and you want to earn money on it. If you like to write a program and see, in which language (MT4 or MT5) it sells better.

It's interesting.

I've been writing in MQL5 for 6 years now, and I made a robot for MT5, but I've been thinking for 3 years whether I should create a version for MT4 as well.

And all these years I expect everyone to switch to MT5.

In this question "Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5?" I see an analogy to the expression:"Why get married when you can?"

If you make good money on MT4, why change? You don't look for the good.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm aware of that.)) When it comes to fast/slow, it begs the question - What exactly is slow for? and - Is faster even necessary? For your tasks.

All Windows on DLL, all MT on DLL, all software on DLL, and you're talking about some kind of security.

As for Market - yes, those are the rules. If you work for Market, you have to get twisted. And you won't get anything but primitive - MT libraries are extremely limited. (And thank God for that.))

But if for yourself and really want MO etc. - then only leaving for "standard" languages.

Reasoning in the style of "if you don't have new proprietary brushes, then you're not an artist.")

If you don't have brains and talent, no language will help you write something serious. And it doesn't matter what libraries are available or how fast the language is.

Victor Ziborov:

In this question "Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5?" I see an analogy to the expression:"Why get married when you can?"

If you make good money on MT4, why change? You don't look for the good.

The advantage of MQL5 is obvious. But many programmers writing in MQL4 do not understand that. They are ok as they are.

Why buy a Mercedes, when they are satisfied with Zaporozhets :)

Nikolai Semko:

that's what an excavator is for:

it's cool.

also this one is interesting:

Nikolai Semko:

try replanting such a tree with a shovel...

I get it. you have to use an excavator everywhere. and in the household, keep your own personal excavator instead of a shovel.

Nikolai Semko:
No, if your system is built on the intersection of wipes, then MT4 is also a good option. There will be no difference with MT5.)

All great things are simple.

Nikolai Semko:

If you use simple systems, based on different crossings and breakdowns of levels( etc.) with simple built-in indicators, then MT4 is a very good platform, it really doesn't make much sense to go to MT5.
But if you have already played with these toys and have grown to realise that it's all kindergarten,

You may not be able to build something?

NikolaiSemko:

and you want something more serious, going into the realm of AI, then the MT5 really does feel like an excavator compared to a shovel.

Have you seen someone who had great success using AI in trading?

How many good accounts have I seen - simple things are used everywhere.

Nikolai Semko:

Once again.

If you use simple systems based on different crossovers, breakdowns of levels( etc.) simple built-in indicators, then MT4 is a very good platform, there really is not much point in switching to MT5.
But if you have already played with these toys and grown to the realization that this is all kindergarten and want something more serious, going into the field of AI, then MT5 really is seen as a backhoe compared to a shovel.

Strictly speaking, Nicholas, you can write AI on a quad as well. It hasn't yet been proven that AI requires trading libraries or high speed. AI is a question-answer. No more than that.

What is indispensable in MT5? - Drawing speed. However, poor implementation of drawing algorithms can derail that too. For my own graphics the drawing speed of MT4 is still enough, but I feel that the drawing speed hits the ceiling. Now I am using several layers of one canvas and need to synchronize them. This is beginning to slow down. Some simple graphics that are used here may well run on 4 and you won't notice the difference. As said - it's about the quality of the algorithm.

The multi-currency tester is, on the one hand, a good thing. Realistic. But many people don't want realism. They want the grail. So what to do?

It would be good to drag everyone to a five, but we need different arguments.

09ter Konow:

Strictly speaking, Nicholas, AI can also be written in quadruplets. It has not yet been proven that AI requires trade libraries or high speed. AI is a question-answer. No more than that.

I don't know about others, but I reason from my own experience. On my algorithms, where there are millions of operations on each tick, it matters whether those millions of operations are computed in 0.1 second or 0.01 second.

To have a 0.09 second head start is very cool in this frantic world of competition.

Reason: