Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 2

Nadejda Remizova:
What is the difference between them?

The difference is in the order handling protocols. Well, MT5 has netting hedging and MT4 has an order system, the counterpart of which is hedge accounts.

By and large there is no difference, and you need to write crossplatform code that works on both platforms.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

For information and nothing more:

A counter question - would you be able to decently (as efficiently as possible, and what exactly) apply, and if so, how, the resulting test results of such a currency basket?

Illia Zhavarankau:
Good afternoon! I have been writing robots on MT4 in my spare time (hobby) for about a year. Does it make sense to use MT5? I would be glad to get some specific examples from forum old timers. Thank you!
To make a long story short. The difference for forex is no (it is only for those who believe in ticks). It's better to use what is more convenient. The order system is designed for forex without redundant entities, and simply faster.

Illia Zhavarankau:
Hello! I am writing robots on MT4 in my free time (hobby) for about a year. Does it make sense to use MT5? I would be glad to get some specific examples from forum old timers. My thanks!

If everything works well on mt4, there is no reason to switch. No one will close down mt4, on which an army of successful traders is trading.

Artem Konkov:

If everything works well on mt4, there is no reason to switch. No one will close down mt4, which is used by an army of successful traders.

I`m going to sound strange, what do you care?) go to all anti-mt5 threads, no one will take away your $50 mt4 products

It finally dawned on me!

There are two types of people:

- oh, new iPhone coming soon (Skype update, new shoe collection... choose :) )

- my old Nokia is still working (Skype, shoes still on...)

And until the sole doesn't fall off/they don't stop supporting Skype - so the second type will continue to use the "obsolete"...

Actually, conclusion: if you don't see any reason to change something - don't do it. If it becomes too cramped in MT4 - you will have to step into this (for now) dark pool of raw water (in all senses).

If you need a multi-currency tester, C-style OOP, or just like to dig into the hidden bugs of the platform - your choice is MT5.

If you like a procedural style, endless archive of developments and rolled-out terminal - MT4

Igor Zakharov:

It finally dawned on me!

There are two types of people:

- oh, new iPhone coming soon (Skype update, new shoe collection... choose :) )

- my old Nokia is still working (Skype, shoes still on...)

And until the sole doesn't fall off/they stop supporting Skype - so the second type will continue to use the "obsolete" ...

Actually, conclusion: if you don't see any reason to change something - don't do it. If it becomes too cramped in MT4 - you will have to step into this (for now) dark pool of raw water (in all senses).

If you need a multi-currency tester, C-style OOP, or just like to dig into the hidden bugs of the platform - your choice is MT5.

If you like the procedural style, endless archive of developments and the terminal - MT4.

Yeah, there are two types of people: 1 - doing things. 2 - they continuously explore new buttons of a new version of the device without stopping, and continuously register in some new service.

Illia Zhavarankau:

Usually it does not make sense for developers to maintain an old version of a product, it is an additional cost. They might just give it up one day. So I thought I'd enquire. In case this moment is tomorrow).

it is the most popular trading platform in the world! how do you imagine abandoning it? abandoning it means losing millions of customers!

Pavel Malyshko:

it is the most popular trading platform in the world! how do you imagine abandoning it? abandoning it means losing millions of customers!

How would you put it, judging by where cinema, music and other areas of life are going. What they give people is what they eat.

Illia Zhavarankau:
Good afternoon! I have been writing robots on MT4 in my spare time (hobby) for about a year. Does it make sense to use MT5? I would be glad to get some specific examples from forum old timers. My thanks!

the specific advantages of MT5 over MT4 are:
testing on every tick with 100% accuracy, metatrader 4 only 90%!
The spread is floating during testing, which makes the testing very close to real trading!
besides you can set a delay in order execution!
Optimization of Expert Advisors can be very time consuming, taking months!

and with the help of agents, you can do it 1000 times faster! thousands of computers from all over the world will help you!
(but this is a paid service)

Reason: