Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 14

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Apparently it was made for those who are in a tank. If such a feature is presented as API in a program then it's another matter

Has the thread turned into a wishlist? Then I'm with you! )))

I would like the precompiler option in MT5

#property MT4_STYLE

when you enable it, the code will be generated correctly in MT5, at least the indexing of indicator buffers becomes like in MT4 (without dancing withArrayIsSeries ) and the order system works like in MT4 (as if you just connected https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/16006)

well that's kinda all the current problems ;)

MT4Orders
MT4Orders
  • www.mql5.com
Данная библиотека позволяет работать с ордерами в MQL5 (MT5-hedge) точно так же, как в MQL4. Т.е. ордерная языковая система (ОЯС) становится идентичной MQL4. При этом сохраняется возможность параллельно использовать MQL5-ордерную систему. В частности, стандартная MQL5-библиотека будет продолжать полноценно работать. Выбор между ордерными...

Igor Makanu:

Has the thread turned into a wishlist? Then I'm with you! )))

to the pandemonium of poor relatives at the gates of Abode )))

grateful users (and not so much)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

If you run several copies of the program, and all access the 1st python file, then the hitch

you need to multiply the files to make them work with different interpreter calls.

in this case, it is easier to mix the codes, if this is the situation.

One SQLite, and all problems with shared access are removed. You still have to work).

ZS I think I've got it wrong.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

One SQLite and all the sharing problems are gone. You'll still have to work).

I don't understand why this is needed at all, the python files will need to be split anyway, otherwise it will be a bacchanalia

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I don't understand what this is for, the Python files need to be split anyway, otherwise it will be a bacchanalia

Why split up the Python files? I don't understand what you're talking about.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Why separate the Python files? I don't really know what we're talking about.

there is executable logic in a python file, the bot connects to it via sockets

you have to run several versions of the bot... What from where and where, who needs what, how many incoming connections/requests and so on.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

there is executable logic in a python file, the bot connects to it via sockets

you have to run several versions of the bot... The bot is running a dashing game... what from where and where, who needs what, how many incoming connections/requests and so on.

Is one Python program running or many? What is streamed? - Data or Python commands (functions, calls)?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Is the python program run alone or are there many? What is transferred? - Data or Python commands (functions, calls)?

Both data and commands. The python file is running, there is only one program.

if different copies of bots with their own wishes will stream into it, there will be a queue and mush if you need slightly different settings

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

both data and commands. The python file is running, there is only one program, yes

If different copies of bots with their own wishes come to it, there will be a queue and mush if you need slightly different settings.

If you only have one instance of the program and many bots, SQLite is a good solution. Several tables in the database solves everything. Since the Python thread is one, there's still a queue. So let it be managed). Everything is faster than through files.

Here, with commands I don't know, I'm not aware of it. Somehow, I've never had to run a Python function from outside of a Python program. There's also a compile at each call - slow.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

If there is only one program and many bots, SQLite is not a bad solution. Several tables in the database solve everything. Since there is only one Python thread, there is still a queue. So let it be managed). Everything is faster than through files.

Here, with commands I don't know, I'm not aware of it. Somehow I've never had to run a Python function from the Python side.

There can be manykernels running, why just one?

each version of the bot will run in its own, in the case of working through the API. Probably.
Reason: