GOLD, Gold and XAUUSD - page 140

 
Martin Stibor #:
[Y]ou wrote the worst case as "-3% - (0.01 × 9)"...

Yeah, sorry, that wasn't a very eloquent way for me to put it. The actual series of worst case trading goes as so:

  • 1% of balance loss,
  • 1% of balance loss,
  • 1% of balance loss,
  • [position size reduced to 0.01],
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss,
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss,
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss,
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss,
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss,
  • 0.01 size [trace percentage] loss.

At the end of that series of trades, I would be at about 5% DD because the last 6 of the 9 trades were basically penny trades.

So that entire series has to occur twice, relatively close together in time, to create 10% DD quickly.

Martin Stibor #:
That would tell me whether it's a real backstop or mostly decorative.
It's a "programmatically fixed" 10 big point exit. Big points are ahead of the decimal so _Digits don't matter. That exit always triggers when there's a loss. I also keep a 25 big point fixed stoploss as a server-side safety, and it never triggers.
 

I hope that everyone is enjoying the U.S. Treasury Secretary's buyback of long-term T-Bonds and its affect on gold. My scalping EA certainly is.

As a footnote, that buyback is largely a short-term parlor trick to spur the U.S. economy ahead of mid-term Congressional elections. If the U.S. could afford to buy back substantial portions of its outstanding debt, U.S. debt wouldn't be at an all-time high. The fact is, the U.S. can't do that. Today's buyback is a mere drop in the bucket.

 

I took profits on gold


 
Satan Claws #:

I took profits on gold


Nice one! 🏆
 
Ryan L Johnson #:

I hope that everyone is enjoying the U.S. Treasury Secretary's buyback of long-term T-Bonds and its affect on gold. My scalping EA certainly is.

As a footnote, that buyback is largely a short-term parlor trick to spur the U.S. economy ahead of mid-term Congressional elections. If the U.S. could afford to buy back substantial portions of its outstanding debt, U.S. debt wouldn't be at an all-time high. The fact is, the U.S. can't do that. Today's buyback is a mere drop in the bucket.

Same here — gold's been very kind to my system today. XAUUSD breakouts caught a couple of clean moves off this whole buyback headline. System's been running live since February and is currently at +154.59% growth, 80% win rate, profit factor 2.37. Can't complain about days like this.

 
Satan Claws #:

Taken profits on gold


You’ve finally got it right!
 

There is such an option

<<image in russian removed by moderator>>

 
Satan Claws #:

There is such an option


It doesn’t even come close to GP.

 

I marked area that to buy I am targeting to reach again 4500 to 4520. 

 
I took a profit on gold, closing the trade at 4,600.

Let’s see what happens next. There are still plenty of attractive levels ahead, but if the price starts to plummet sharply on selling pressure, it will signal a complete and irreversible trend reversal.