Examples: MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS - page 2

I cannot believer that there isn't a reliable  easy upload of MT4 for the enormous amount of MAC users out here. PlayonMac failed. XM does not allow people from the US .....do I have to go out and buy a Microsoft computer???

So disappointed.

CMC 

why not make Mac OS X version?

seriously guys... when will a Mac OS X Metatrader version be available ? 

It's been years from this and this was never working properly.  

Hello dear @MetaQuotes Software Corp. team,  do you plan some update for macOS users ? 

I think, nowdays, there are so many MAC users out there who desire for MT4 native app. And MAC users group is getting bigger and bigger. They deserve app that meets the expectations of demanding user. 

Some  essential in 21st century is support of high resolution screens 2560x1600 or even higher 4k monitors. There are welcome also some UX & UI improvements. Yeah, you can use unstable PlayOnMac software to run Windows app on MAC , but it is not real solution from such big company as MetaQuotes.And it is not even hard, I think. Team of experienced programmers can solve this very fast. There must be only will. You don’t need to make whole new app out of scratch. You have a great app already, it only needs to be “re-coded” to other programming language.

Hope you make this app soon, and make MetaTrader Great Again !!!

To anyone having installation issues.. Find any broker and create a demo account (Be sure to pick a Broker that will allow your country of residence) You can live chat and ask if you're not sure. Create a demo Account and it will allow you to Download a MAC OS version. You do not have to give your real information (You will be solicited through number and email). After the .DMG is downloaded, open it up and enter your information, along with the new username and password (for your newly created Account with the broker you've applied with). MetaTrader is not broker specific, meaning you can use other broker Accounts on it(not just the one broker you've created a demo account with). Once you've found a broker that you trust, you can open a Live account with MT4 or MT5.

Unsupported file system.

Please upgrade to Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or later. Trading on financial markets requires maximum security and performance.

Right click on MT4 Setup - Configure Wine. Change to Windows 10.

After first failed setup just create shortcut of MetaTrader 4 setup there, then you can do above mentioned Windows swap from XP to 10.

Then make shortcut from terminal.exe and ready. Click Configure above MetaTrader_4_

General, Make New Shortcut.

Hello everyone,

why is not there a "native OSX version"?

I find it strange to always play with wine.

I thought the company Metaquotes is better!

lg

gaborka1 :

Hello everyone,

lg

Obviously not. At my broker, the problems do not even seem to be known. Maybe it helps to complain, so that at first the problem is perceived?

macostrader:
Hello dear @MetaQuotes Software Corp. team,  do you plan some update for macOS users ? 

I think, nowdays, there are so many MAC users out there who desire for MT4 native app. And MAC users group is getting bigger and bigger. They deserve app that meets the expectations of demanding user. 

Some  essential in 21st century is support of high resolution screens 2560x1600 or even higher 4k monitors. There are welcome also some UX & UI improvements. Yeah, you can use unstable PlayOnMac software to run Windows app on MAC , but it is not real solution from such big company as MetaQuotes.And it is not even hard, I think. Team of experienced programmers can solve this very fast. There must be only will. You don’t need to make whole new app out of scratch. You have a great app already, it only needs to be “re-coded” to other programming language.

Hope you make this app soon, and make MetaTrader Great Again !!!

they will never do this ! i tried tell them this to create NATIVE MACOS APP for MT4 and MT5 (not emulated for Windows Wine) - Metaquotes told me install Windows on my MACBOOK and Hackintosh PC ! Imagine this ! There he told me use Virtual machine with Windows imagine this :  https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/280614

There Metquotes say they will never create MT4 and MT5 for MacOS native app - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/325441  

Also in latest MACOS Catalina do not support even emulated 32 bit Wine process in PLAY ON MAC (metaquotes officially recommend use this Windows Emulator in MACOS to launch mt4/mt5 but its not work now in Catalina because 32 bit not supported in Catalina MACOS 10.15.1) or any other windows emulator! 

This message only concerns those using  MetaTrader for Mac.

Unfortunately, the newest update for  MacOS, Catalina, introduced a compatibility issue that does not allow MetaTrader programs to no longer  function on the platform. We recommend our MacOS-based users who wish to continue trading on their Mac platform to postpone the update until a fix is available.

In the meantime, affected users can continue to trade via the ***, or install Windows onto their Mac systems as a second OS, or to use within virtualization software like Parallels.

All traders who utilise the PC or Windows platform are not affected, and can continue trading without concern.

If you have further questions regarding this issue, please contact our customer service.

Kind regards,

Admiral Markets

Big level of International company called Metaquotes....

MT4 MACOS
MT4 MACOS
  • www.mql5.com
Здравствуйте...

gaborka1:

Hello everyone,

lg

its not about this company....i also in shock - this is international company that cannot code Compatible 64 and 32 bit Native  MT4 and MT5 platform app for MAC and Linux 

if I worked as a programmer in this company, I would have thrown myself out of the balcony of the 10th floor with my cheep computer that works at Windows

Reason: