Examples: MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS - page 3

MACOS_user #:

its not about this company....i also in shock - this is international company that cannot code Compatible 64 and 32 bit Native  MT4 and MT5 platform app for MAC and Linux 

if I worked as a programmer in this company, I would have thrown myself out of the balcony of the 10th floor with my cheep computer that works at Windows

gaborka1 #:

Hello everyone,

why is not there a "native OSX version"?

I find it strange to always play with wine.

I thought the company Metaquotes is better!

lg

macostrader #:
Hello dear @MetaQuotes Software Corp. team,  do you plan some update for macOS users ? 

I think, nowdays, there are so many MAC users out there who desire for MT4 native app. And MAC users group is getting bigger and bigger. They deserve app that meets the expectations of demanding user. 
Henry Latourrette #:

seriously guys... when will a Mac OS X Metatrader version be available ? 

It's been years from this and this was never working properly.  

Feri Muhibudin #:
why not make Mac OS X version?

For all those "traders" who are begging for MT4 to be ported to native macOS...that will never happen.  Neither would MT5 for mac.   The actual userbase for serious derivatives traders using Apple hardware/OS is very, very small (as there is little financial incentive to use/develop trading software on proprietary Apple hardware/OS).  The Trading infrastructure for stocks/futures/fx are using Windows OS or some flavor of Linux + emulator/Wine for certain Windows components.   This is a simple reality and has been for the last 2-3 decades or so.  

A similar example would be if I wanted to use Final Cut Pro very badly.   The answer would not be to beg the developer to make a Windows version.  The answer is to either find the equivalent software for Windows, attempt to use a MacOS emulator, ...or buy a mac with sufficient specs if it is genuinely that serious.

So the logical conclusion is to either: 

1. use the pre-packaged MT4 for Mac from your broker (e.g ask the broker),
  2. install mt4 windows yourself in a Wine bottle
  3. use a WindowsOS VM within MacOS (e.g. Parallels)
  4. rent a cheap Windows VPS.  Then use Remote Desktop app to access it.  Linux may also work, but will require extra setup on your part.
  5. get a used laptop (intel Core 3rd gen or higher / AMD Ryzen 2nd gen or higher), use Windows 10/11 LTSC (or Pro version, disabling all updates/bloatware except security updates) and use that exclusively to run mt4.
Hope this helps someone break their delusions about wanting native MacOS trading software.
Reason: