MQL on the new (non-Intel) Macs. Any other IDE?

Hello all.  

New here.  I've been learning MQL and doing some basic coding in the IDE.  

The short TL;DR version of my question:  Is the MetaQuotes/MetaTrader IDE the ONLY way to code and build MQL solutions?  Or is there any other way to do this?  

----

The long version, if you want more detail. Just some background information to go a bit deeper into the "why".

There are two problems:

1. I do all my other coding in multiple other languages in another IDE.  (It happens to be MS Studio Code, although this question is about using any standard IDE, not just that specific one -- in case I might change to a different one some time in the future).  

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way:  I'd much prefer to be able to do my MQL coding in the same IDE I do all my other coding. Is this in any way possible?

2.  Mac vs Windows.  The MetaQuotes IDE appears to be  currently Windows only.  It can be virtualized on Mac and Linux using Wine and that appears to be the only solution, currently, that I can find -- as per this article here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/619

This works ok on the current Intel Macs, but Apple is now moving their entire product line over to their own, non-Intel, chips, and virtualizing Windows is no longer an option.  Wine, Windows VMs, etc. are not supported on the Mac moving forwards.

That article acknowledges that "Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry ... There are many topics on MQL5.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader under the Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work in MetaTrader via the Apple's popular operating system."

So, is there any way MetaQuotes can support the Mac with a native MQL IDE moving forwards.

I'm aware that there are native iPad apps for MetaTrader, although I don't know if that includes the MQL coding IDE, or if it's just trading software.  iPad apps will run on the new Macs, so that might be a solution if it exists...?

So... does anyone have any information on any of this?  Possible to code and build MQL solutions in another (Mac-compatible) IDE?  Or is it a closed platform that only works inside itself, which is currently Windows (native or virtualized) only?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS
MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS
  • www.mql5.com
Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone. There are many topics on MQL5.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for...

Detnator:

Hello all.  

New here.  I've been learning MQL and doing some basic coding in the IDE.  

The short TL;DR version of my question:  Is the MetaQuotes/MetaTrader IDE the ONLY way to code and build MQL solutions?  Or is there any other way to do this?  

----

The long version, if you want more detail. Just some background information to go a bit deeper into the "why".

There are two problems:

1. I do all my other coding in multiple other languages in another IDE.  (It happens to be MS Studio Code, although this question is about using any standard IDE, not just that specific one -- in case I might change to a different one some time in the future).  

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way:  I'd much prefer to be able to do my MQL coding in the same IDE I do all my other coding. Is this in any way possible?

2.  Mac vs Windows.  The MetaQuotes IDE appears to be  currently Windows only.  It can be virtualized on Mac and Linux using Wine and that appears to be the only solution, currently, that I can find -- as per this article here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/619

This works ok on the current Intel Macs, but Apple is now moving their entire product line over to their own, non-Intel, chips, and virtualizing Windows is no longer an option.  Wine, Windows VMs, etc. are not supported on the Mac moving forwards.

That article acknowledges that "Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry ... There are many topics on MQL5.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader under the Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work in MetaTrader via the Apple's popular operating system."

So, is there any way MetaQuotes can support the Mac with a native MQL IDE moving forwards.

I'm aware that there are native iPad apps for MetaTrader, although I don't know if that includes the MQL coding IDE, or if it's just trading software.  iPad apps will run on the new Macs, so that might be a solution if it exists...?

So... does anyone have any information on any of this?  Possible to code and build MQL solutions in another (Mac-compatible) IDE?  Or is it a closed platform that only works inside itself, which is currently Windows (native or virtualized) only?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Why do you have Mac in the first place ? :) Why need problems like this :) plus pay lot of money to have more problems :)

Reason: