Bill Williams Strategy (Chaos Theory)

Hello every one....

Has any one used Bill Williams Strategy for a long period and be profitable in a long period of time?

thanks for your comments and opinions

Chaos Theory by Bill Williams

The forum threads (indicators, trading systems and the EAs)

1. Chaos Theory by Bill Williams - the key thread 
  2. Chaos Explorer thread
  3. Trading Chaos - (Rrofitunity) - the thread
  4. Chaos EA final - the thread 
  5. Fx-Chaos (Template) - the thread 

CodeBase

1. Bill Willams. The Chaos Theory. Signals "Saucer" for Buying/Selling - expert for MetaTrader 4 
  2. Bill Williams. The Chaos Theory. The First Dimensions of the Market - expert for MetaTrader 4
  3. Choppiness Index - indicator for MetaTrader 5
  4. Choppiness Index - JMA Smoothed - indicator for MetaTrader 5
  5. Scripts of "Trading Chaos" - script for MetaTrader 4 
  6. FX-CHAOS - SECOND EDITION - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  7. Williams_Ind - indicator for MetaTrader 4
  8. Chaos Trader Lite - expert for MetaTrader 4
  9. more here

The Articles

Choppiness Index - JMA Smoothed
Choppiness Index - JMA Smoothed
  • www.mql5.com
Choppiness Index: another way of calculating fractal dimension. Choppiness Choppiness is a modern indicator based on ideas of chaos theory and fractal geometry. Benoit Mandelbrot was the one person most responsible for the great interest in the subject of fractal geometry. He showed how fractals can occur in many different places in both...

Thank you very much Mr. Sergey Golubev.

I have read the threads above rapidly..........

I have tested lots of symbols with this strategy and the manual results are not so bad (the moderators has deleted my results because of guess of promotion), The main thing I understood from these strategy is to avoid range market.

Now I recognize a range market by eyes visually, but if any one can do this by an Indicator bill williams method can be completely automatic, Actually I have done this by some EA's but the results wasn't so good as manual ones.

I have a question if any one can help me? Is there any way or indicator which any one can use to recognize the start of a trend to we combine that with alligators to avoid range market?

Any help of any body will be very appreciated.....

Amirmohammad Zafarani:

Thank you very much Mr. Sergey Golubev.

I have read the threads above rapidly..........

I have tested lots of symbols with this strategy and the manual results are not so bad (the moderators has deleted my results because of guess of promotion), The main thing I understood from these strategy is to avoid range market.

Now I recognize a range market by eyes visually, but if any one can do this by an Indicator bill williams method can be completely automatic, Actually I have done this by some EA's but the results wasn't so good as manual ones.

I have a question if any one can help me? Is there any way or indicator which any one can use to recognize the start of a trend to we combine that with alligators to avoid range market?

Any help of any body will be very appreciated.....

Ranging market condition can be determined by many indicators incl standard indicators in Metatrader (check post on the Market condition thread).
And this is good example as well:

Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page76  

Besides, the trading systems (which is based on signal indicators) are having the different original ideas which was described on the post   (it means: we do not need to filter or to find ranging market condition to use those systems for example).

Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5
Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I just started this thread as a continuation of the talking made on this topic (we can read it). Or...

Sergey Golubev:

Ranging market condition can be determined by many indicators incl standard indicators in Metatrader (check post on the Market condition thread).
And this is good example as well:

Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page76  

Besides, the trading systems (which is based on signal indicators) are having the different original ideas which was described on the post   (it means: we do not need to filter or to find ranging market condition to use those systems for example).

Thank you again dear Sergey,

I investigated through the indicators,

<Deleted - do not refer to any market product in the forum>

Amirmohammad Zafarani:

There is another trendstrength_v2 indicator indicator above in your post, would you please say me how can we detect the range market with that? 

This indicator?

----------------

TrendStrengthv2 - indicator for MetaTrader 5

----------------

This indicator was a part of old but well-known trading system: Well working Trading System !
And later on this indicator started to be used in Ichimoku system to evaluate market condition - look at post #6863 

The indicator may be used as a simple filter (means: secondary ranging market condition within primary bullish trend or within the primary bearish trend).

TrendStrengthv2
TrendStrengthv2
  • www.mql5.com
Author of all TrendStrength indicators are Igorad, there are a lot of similar indicators but his indicators can be used as a real filter to some systems, there are many Expert Advisors based on this indicators for MetaTrader 4, we can now build new Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 5.

Sergey Golubev:

This indicator?

----------------

TrendStrengthv2 - indicator for MetaTrader 5

----------------

This indicator was a part of old but well-known trading system: Well working Trading System !
And later on this indicator started to be used in Ichimoku system to evaluate market condition - look at post #6863 

The indicator may be used as a simple filter (means: secondary ranging market condition within primary bullish trend or within the primary bearish trend).

yes, thanks for information.

I searched, but didn't find any condition of filtering of that , if you say us how can we filter our system by that, it will be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.......

Amirmohammad Zafarani:

yes, thanks for information.

I searched, but didn't find any condition of filtering of that , if you say us how can we filter our system by that, it will be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.......

Condition of filtering?
Are you talking about promary tend and secondary trend?
This indicator is telling about the primary trend (same with Chinkou Span line of Ichimnoku indicator.
There is no need to explain it because it was written everywhere (it is the technical analysis terminoligy which every trader should know).

..if you say us ..

I am saying it to all of you since last century in almost every week so I am sure - all of you were reading it.
If yiou know siomething which we all need for trading - you can tell all of us too.

Thank you dear Sergey

I know that you are a mentor here and says many lessons to traders like me, Many thanks for that.

I don't want you to say me the basic of trends...  I only wanted to know is there any special level or special condition for this indicator which we can combine that with Bill Williams strategy to achieve a filtering , that avoid us to open a trade opposite of a main trend.

Thanks any way, I should read your last posts more carefully

Amirmohammad Zafarani:

Thank you dear Sergey

I know that you are a mentor here and says many lessons to traders like me, Many thanks for that.

I don't want you to say me the basic of trends...  I only wanted to know is there any special level or special condition for this indicator which we can combine that with Bill Williams strategy to achieve a filtering , that avoid us to open a trade opposite of a main trend.

Thanks any way, I should read your last posts more carefully

condition for TrendStrengthv2 - indicator for MetaTrader 5 ?
There are no special conditions.
Some traders are using this indicator to detect the primary trend in the period of secondary ranging or secondary flat (or secondary rally/correction).
It is about color: red for bearish and blue color is for bullish (nothing special).

TrendStrengthv2
TrendStrengthv2
  • www.mql5.com
Author of all TrendStrength indicators are Igorad, there are a lot of similar indicators but his indicators can be used as a real filter to some systems, there are many Expert Advisors based on this indicators for MetaTrader 4, we can now build new Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 5.

Thank you so much my friend
Reason: