Chaos Explorer (my indicator for patterns)

The idea is to visualize long-term patterns, so that to be prepared for a major move. Another idea was to combine different timeframes on one picture, but instead I just added new indicator windows with different settings.

formula: indicator(n) = price(n) / price(n-Separation)

Separation = {1,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144,233,377}

so basically I'm calculating ratio of current H,L,O,C and it's previous value (each separately), and draw 4 lines out of those. Then I add another indicator window, but this time Separation is the next value from the Fibonacci set. When we see an array of indicators, sometimes very vivid patterns can be observed. Patters are built from sign on the indicator chart, which are placed there, when current value is either below (green, buy soon) or above (red, sell soon) the empirically defined levels. I believe patters can be tweaked playing around with those levels.

So below are my screenshots with the evident patterns.

Files:
chaos.gif  120 kb
fract2.gif  117 kb
rubl.gif  39 kb
xaos.tpl  7 kb

Very interesting

I have downloaded your indicator and I find it very interesting.

How do you use it in your trading?

Aleksandr, does this indicator repaint the past?

nice indication. though, doesn't the expression of "indicator(n)=price(n)/price(n-separation)" mean that you plot, at bar "n", a value that is obtained by looking at a future bar, which is "separation" bars in the future of bar "n"?

Perhaps you meant to use "+" instead of "-"? (I'm fairly sure that your MT4 does not provide many bars in future of bar 0 )?

ralph.ronnquist:
nice indication. though, doesn't the expression of "indicator(n)=price(n)/price(n-separation)" mean that you plot, at bar "n", a value that is obtained by looking at a future bar, which is "separation" bars in the future of bar "n"? Perhaps you meant to use "+" instead of "-"? (I'm fairly sure that your MT4 does not provide many bars in future of bar 0 )?

nono, it's not like that.

if we have 1,2,5,7,8,2,4,6 sequence then we go like this:

2/1, 5/2,7/5,8/7,2/8,4/2,6/4

Aleksandr Nevskiy:

How do you use it to trade?

RickW00716:
How do you use it to trade?

Well, I'm just trying to figure it out myself

Aleksandr Nevskiy:

Maybe I don't understand it properly, but as far as I can read the code, it says:

buff1[pos]=Close[pos]/Close[pos-Separation];

buff2[pos]=Open[pos]/Open[pos-Separation];

buff3[pos]=High[pos]/High[pos-Separation];

buff4[pos]=Low[pos]/Low[pos-Separation];

where "Separation" is a positive number, and "pos" is the bar index.

So for pos=0, you will get pos-Separation < 0. E.g. Close[0]/Close[-4] (if Separation=4) which thus refers into the future. Separation=4 is of course meaningless except for bars 4 and up, but the result is anyhow that every bar is painted by using a number that refers into the future of it.

It may still be a "good indicator" visually, of course.

Wow! Nice indicator! Look interesting

I'll try it now. Good job Aleksandr

Cheers,

Indicator does not update

Hi,

It seems that the indicator does not automatically update. I need to refresh the indicator to get it updated. Anybody else having this problem?

k3iroll

Reason: