Trend filter question

For all the experienced traders: what do you think is better for trend definition? ADX or a currency strength meter? Or any other indicator?

THe main problem which I found with trend indicators is that they are too late in trend identifications, so when the signal is good the good move is about to its end. I tryed to look near sup/res but I find that they are not identificable in objective manner. So when you think price is near a sup or res, in reality that level can be ignored by market..

Please share your own experience, much appreciated!

THe main problem which I found with trend indicators is that they are too late in trend identifications, so when the signal is good the good move is about to its end.
If that is true then the obvious answer is to place a trade against the trend.

Keith Watford:
If that is true then the obvious answer is to place a trade against the trend.

thnx for your reply.

mmh yes indeed it seem to be logical but I mean if I want to trade only following the trend, is there a more correct way to do it. In yours experience if there is a trend filter which work better than other etc..

There are two threads on the forum:

----------------

Example:

Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page76  
Filters indicators
Filters indicators
  • www.mql5.com
Some indicators which can be a filter to avoid big losses. If you have a great idea so you need a filter. To avoid any trading in none-trading zone...

Sergey Golubev:

There are two threads on the forum:

----------------

Example:

Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page76  

Hi Sergey, thanks for helping.

I checked the absolute strenght market indicator in the threads you pointed out and I would like to study it a little bit more. Any news on the author of this indicator and how it was designed? What is the premise behind. Any comment appreciated.

frank_black:

Hi Sergey, thanks for helping.

I checked the absolute strenght market indicator in the threads you pointed out and I would like to study it a little bit more. Any news on the author of this indicator and how it was designed? What is the premise behind. Any comment appreciated.

Author?
You can check Codebase.

---------------- 

The coders are using the market condition evaluation tools (incl standard Metatrader indicators) in EAs (for the EAs to open the trades in particular market condition) during the long time. It helps in some strategy especially in martingale and scalping.
So, it is not new way to develop EA: the coders did it during the past 20 years as I remember.

Look at this thread (Stochastic) as an example about the market condition (it was estimated based on Stochastic indicator and Moving Averages indicator).

Stochastic
Stochastic
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to make some indicators' review based on trading experience and using them inside manual trading systems...
Reason: