Is it possible to use older versions of a EA?

How can i install older versions of a EA?

It is advisable to save duplicate advisors.

Alexander Fedosov #:
It is advisable to save duplicate advisors.

How can you do that with MQL5.com Market purchases?

Eleni Anna Branou #:

How can you do that with MQL5.com Market purchases?

Just save the ex4/ex5 file to a different folder before updating to the latest version, like a local backup.

Daniel Stein #:
Just save the ex4/ex5 file to a different folder before updating to the latest version, like a local backup.

Will this be an executable file Daniel?

I thought all MQL5.com Market purchases can only work through the Market folder of the MQL5 account they are purchased from.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Will this be an executable file Daniel?

I thought all MQL5.com Market purchases can only work through the Market folder of the MQL5 account they are purchased from.

Yes, Eleni, buyers get only executable files allowed/activated for their operating system.

If you update an EA or indicator, the mql market overwrites the existing copy with the new one, and if you want to avoid that, you can create a new subfolder, "Backup", and copy the current ex4/ex5 file in there.

Afterwards, you can update from the market, and you'll still have the previous version in your "Backup" folder. These backup ex4/ex5 files will only work on this particular computer, and nowhere else.

Daniel Stein #:

Yes, Eleni, buyers get only executable files allowed/activated for their operating system.

If you update an EA or indicator, the mql market overwrites the existing copy with the new one, and if you want to avoid that, you can create a new subfolder, "Backup", and copy the current ex4/ex5 file in there.

Afterwards, you can update from the market, and you'll still have the previous version in your "Backup" folder. These backup ex4/ex5 files will only work on this particular computer, and nowhere else.

That's very useful information Daniel, I didn't know that, thank you for insight!

Reason: