Complaints on how questions on the forum are handled.

Hello people. I'm a little bothered by the way some things are handled on this forum. So I created this topic to set some things straight.

I'll start with a little story of myself. 

I started coding MQL August 2019. This was largely because I really needed to create my own Expert Advisers as I was let down by unreliable individuals. Then, I was a 2nd year University student, pursuing a BSc in Math. Programming MQL didn't feel so hard, since I learn pretty fast and after a month, I started creating and testing my own strategies. I must say, some individuals on this forum really helped me get started. I appreciate. 

Lately, my adventures had me working on Neural Networks which I intend to use in a trading system that worked very well. Thus, I had to explore all domains of Object Oriented Programming. This was a difficult task (although it only took me a week and some days), largely because MQL is my first programming language and it is still not-so-well documented, and most explanations are made, assuming that the reader knows c++ theories.

I ended up seeking help here on the forum, and some people said that I should go study some C++ rather than flood my questions on here. 

Really? Do you think I'm the only person who will ever tread down this path? This bugged me a lot. Many traders out there are learning MQL. If this forum is not here to discuss MQL-related issues, I stand corrected. Therefore, I'd like you to contemplate on the questions bellow.

1. Why would anyone create a forum here, if everything needed by an MQL coder can be found on some other forum like stackoverflow? 

2. This forum is not owned by a single person. Is it a must that you respond to a question that is not directly addressed to you?

3. I'm not here to ask for a free program. I'm here to learn. I know that if I don't, I will end up hiring you in the freelance section. Must you respond to shun demotivate me from learning MQL?

As such, I think MetaQuotes Company should allow users to complain or delete comments on their posed questions whenever a person responds without the intention of helping. Some programmers on the forum treat learners as a joke, forgetting that they were once in the very same position. 

Before you respond to this topic, I want you to understand that you are not obliged to comment. If you feel bad about my words, that is the very same way MQL learners feel when they ask for a little help for their current projects, yet they get mocked and redirected to the freelance. Such selfishness! 

More rules. 

1. Never respond to a question on the forum if you don't intend to help.

2. Respect the opinion of other forum members. Whether you are a moderator or not. 

3. Don't be quick to judge. Don't just assume that I cannot program a Neural Network ( for example) in MQL. You don't know my profession.

4. Not everyone who posts a question is a noobie. Respect them.

5. If you feel someone has asked a question that you feel is way bellow your league, don't answer. Let him get helped by other people on the forum. 

Now, with respect to democracy, you are free to air your views. But remember, don't comment if you are not helping. 

I agree with you there are not many quality answers on this forum. It is mainly fine for sifting through indicators and other people's topics etc. For strategies there are other forums that have better infrastructure for Sharing the ideas and results. For programming it should be this forum but it seems that there aren't many on this forum willing to help for free. It seems that questions are carelessly asked though when the answer could often be found using search on this forum. Overall though I agree that this forum seems to have a negative culture   I prefer to read the Russian forum with translate much more knowledgeable discussion and no insults to each other

1. Self-promotion is prohibited on the forum.
2. There is the English language forum where the users from many countries/cultures/religions/etc are talking between each other. So, be tolerant.
3. Everybody can use 'complain link' which is located on the left corner of every post (and this complaint will be going to all moderators and admins for their consideration).

Once again - be tolerant (and do not be too attached to any post/opinion/discussion) .

----------------

Your post may be related to the following thread:

General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166

• www.mql5.com
General rules, enforced by moderators : ‌...

Sergey Golubev:

1. Self-promotion is prohibited on the forum.
2. There is the English language forum where the users from many countries/cultures/religions/etc are talking between each other. So, be tolerant.
3. Everybody can use 'complain link' which is located on the left corner of every post (and this complaint will be going to all moderators and admins for their consideration).

Once again - be tolerant (and do not be too attached to any post/opinion/discussion) .

----------------

Your post may be related to the following thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166

Seems we have a miss-understanding here.

1. I'm not promoting anyone here. I don't stand to gain any wealth from making this post.

2. I posted in English. 

3. Thanks you. I will use it on some people on this forum henceforth.

Nelson Wanyama:

1. I'm not promoting anyone here. I don't stand to gain any wealth from making this post.

2. I posted in English. 

You made a post on the way as it is your personal presentation here (it is self-promotion). Self promotion is prohibited.
You can promote yourself and your products/signals/coding abilities on your profile and on the blogs here.

Besides, the users of this forum (and moderators from this English language forum) are from the different countries and different continents.
So, be tolerant.

Nelson Wanyama:

2. I posted in English. 

it's typically - when feeling mistreated/misunderstood by not getting the help as expected it all starts...

This whole thread is so so personal it can be and beside that you start threaten us forum users...and guess what that may lead to....you probably wont get much help around in the future

Kenneth Parling:

it's typically - when feeling mistreated/misunderstood by not getting the help as expected it all starts...

This whole thread is so so personal it can be and beside that you start threaten us forum users...and guess what that may lead to....you probably wont get much help around in the future

If anyone ends up deserving a complaint, I don't think I should be too optimistic on what or when they can help me again.

Nelson Wanyama: Really? Do you think I'm the only person who will ever tread down this path? This bugged me a lot
  1. Yes, really. Instead of learning, you make hundreds of people look at your simple question. Something you should have already known. How rude, how condescending.
  2. No, that is why it bothers us. Every day there is a few that want a slave to do the work for them, rather than putting in the work and only then asking for guidance when they get stuck. We are willing to help, not do it for you.
  3. Your rudeness bugged you, as it does us. The rudeness here, is people expecting coding done, for free, just because they ask. That is what 12-year-olds do. Adults, don't expect handouts, they work for what they want. There are no slaves here.

Nelson Wanyama:

I do agree with you on most of your points, except the "Why would anyone create a forum here, if everything needed by an MQL coder can be found on some other forum like stackoverflow? ".

I have learned a lot on this forum, not about coding (though it happened too) but about humans being and how to letting go of things that are beyond my control, and concentrate on controlling myself. If an answer to one of your question doesn't help, is irrelevant or whatever, just ignore it. If you identify some user(s) with whom there is no way to discuss seriously, just ignore him.

Yes a lot of new participants are often treated without respect and kindness, sometimes without a reason, but sometimes too with reason. There are a lot of people going on this forum just to get what they want, and when they don't get it become rude and insulting. It's not always easy to make the difference between all of that.

About the "other forum", you missed the point I think. mql is a small community compared to some other communities around coding. Stackoverflow is really implied a lot of competent and experimented coders you will never find here. Why not benefit from it ? How many people here are able to answer your question ? And how many have the will and the time to do it ? Not very much. When you know enough to answer people question about OOP and all general coding questions, you are welcome to do it, write articles or blog post about it if you want. Personally I have no time or will to answer basic questions to which all has already been said somewhere else.

I like your enthusiasm and I hope you will not be discouraged to participate here, but you will have to deal with the regular users as they are. Just try to do your best to improve what is possible with your good participation.

Alain Verleyen:

I do agree with you on most of your points, except the "Why would anyone create a forum here, if everything needed by an MQL coder can be found on some other forum like stackoverflow? ".

I have learned a lot on this forum, not about coding (though it happened too) but about humans being and how to letting go of things that are beyond my control, and concentrate on controlling myself. If an answer to one of your question doesn't help, is irrelevant or whatever, just ignore it. If you identify some user(s) with whom there is no way to discuss seriously, just ignore him.

Yes a lot of new participants are often treated without respect and kindness, sometimes without a reason, but sometimes too with reason. There are a lot of people going on this forum just to get what they want, and when they don't get it become rude and insulting. It's not always easy to make the difference between all of that.

About the "other forum", you missed the point I think. mql is a small community compared to some other communities around coding. Stackoverflow is really implied a lot of competent and experimented coders you will never find here. Why not benefit from it ? How many people here are able to answer your question ? And how many have the will and the time to do it ? Not very much. When you know enough to answer people question about OOP and all general coding question, you are welcome to do it, write articles or blog post about it if you want. Personally I have no time or will to answer basic questions to which all has already been said somewhere else.

I like you enthusiasm and I hope you will not be discouraged to participate here, but you will have to deal with the regular users as they are. Just try to do your best to improve what is possible with your good participation.

You took your time on this one man. Thanks. 

I have high hopes with MQL. I believe we can make it better and eventually, more popular. But all that can be achieved if we help one another. 

A good example is from users who create custom libraries then avail them to fellow programmers via codebase. I'm grateful to them. I'm willing to help another programmer get to his feet, because I believe more man-hours will result to more productivity of this language. I've seen that some users are translating Machine Learning libraries into MQL. Considering the potential of MQL with it's closeness to C++, and the resent developments to speed up calculations through GPU usage, I'd say MQL has so much potential. We just need to be kinder to avoid chasing programmers from our pretty community. I too, always try to answer questions on the forum whenever I can. Whoever is reading this, please do the same. 

dangote11:
I understand that nothing good come easy Mr Nelson Wanyama, you've a good vision and you can be better than anyone in this forum tomorrow just keep on good job.
Reason: