Complaints on how questions on the forum are handled. - page 2

The culture here isn't like what you see with other languages and other forums. Here you have a convergence of people who couldn't be bothered to read the docs posting very poorly formed threads/questions <and> a handful of competent developers who are financially motivated to funnel these people into freelance. Those who post a good MVCE and have at least a minimal understanding of programming concepts typically get more favorable outcomes.  

nicholi shen:
The culture here isn't like what you see with other languages and other forums. Here you have a convergence of people who couldn't be bothered to read the docs posting very poorly formed threads/questions <and> a handful of competent developers who are financially motivated to funnel these people into freelance. Those who post a good MVCE and have at least a minimal understanding of programming concepts typically get more favorable outcomes.  

I don't think it's exact. Personally I don't care if people will go to freelance or not. You neither. I know some others who don't do freelance jobs, but yes some are doing it. So there is no general rules. Almost none of the top freelancers ever go to the forum.

I don't think you will see all these "help me" (real meaning : do it for me) on forums about programming languages, you would be ejected quite quickly.

You will not see on other forums about general programming languages people stealing code to sell it on the Market. That's a long time I stopped to post code, as I am not interested to see my know-how be stolen by someone else.If someone is interested to publish free code or to provide free code to the ones requesting it, they are free to do it.

What is MVCE ?

Alain Verleyen:

I don't think it's exact. Personally I don't care if people will go to freelance or not. You neither. I know some others who don't do freelance jobs, but yes some are doing it. So there is no general rules. Almost none of the top freelancers ever go to the forum.

I don't think you will see all these "help me" (real meaning : do it for me) on forums about programming languages, you would be ejected quite quickly.

You will not see on other forums about general programming languages people stealing code to sell it on the Market. That's a long time I stopped to post code, as I am not interested to see my know-how be stolen by someone else.If someone is interested to publish free code or to provide free code to the ones requesting it, they are free to do it.

What is MVCE ?

Minimal Complete Verifiable Example (MCVE)(typo sorry) or Minimal Reproducible Example

https://stackoverflow.com/help/minimal-reproducible-example

How to create a Minimal, Reproducible Example - Help Center
How to create a Minimal, Reproducible Example - Help Center
  • stackoverflow.com
When asking a question, people will be better able to provide help if you provide code that they can easily understand and use to reproduce the problem. This is referred to by community members as creating a minimal, reproducible example ( reprex ), a minimal, complete and verifiable example ( mcve ), or a minimal, workable example ( mwe...

Nelson Wanyama:

Hi Nelson,

I agree, rules 1-5 should be respected. I posted my first question today, which I admit wasn't in the perfect format, but was shocked to receive very rude and arrogant responses, there should be no place for this kind of behaviour on these forums, people would be more inclined to listen to and respect what others have to say if they're spoken to in a respectful manner.

Thanks.

Reason: